Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Jimmy Hendrix

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Metallica

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

AçкяØñ

Reaction score
Choose from the list, i know there are others, and personal favs, but give each their credit for being great.

Ya gotta let the Led out!

dunno... off selling Dark Side of the Moon to some stoners behind K-Mart

I just KNEW coming to this thread, it was going to be 'Wheres Spice Girls?' Gah, pick your favourite from the list instead.

"My theory is Jimi Hendrix is from another race, he was dropped here by aliens who said 'Go on Jimi, show em how its done, we'll come pick you up in 34 years' And he did".

Other option needed. But I guess everyone knows my suggestion anyway.

Tough decision...

But I'll go with Nirvana, even though several of the others on that last are better than them in a few ways.
But tbh, I've listened to Nirvana alot longer.

If you're going to make a topic titled "Best Rock Band" then your poll needs and "Other" option. If you had said "choose from the list" then thats different.

Sure those bands are good, I'd have to pick Metallica. But its so hard to select just one from the list. And imo The Beatles don't deserve an "Of course". Sure they were good, but they aren't amazing.

Hectic Glenn said:
I just KNEW coming to this thread, it was going to be 'Wheres Spice Girls?' Gah, pick your favourite from the list instead.

I just wanted to be cool like evil milk :(

The Beatles for me.

xombine said:
And imo The Beatles don't deserve an "Of course". Sure they were good, but they aren't amazing.
The beatles are awesome, almost every song they made was brilliant

There's no way in hell i can vote on that poll, each and every one of those bands were/are absolutely incredible, as are the velvet underground and pink floyd that were also mentioned

I'll go with Nirvana...mostly because I'm obsessed with them...a lot.

voted nirvana because its the only band up there that I like...except maybe jimi hendrix, but I only like a couple of his songs.

Jimi Hendrix, and you spelled Zeppelin wrong D:

Given the choices, I couldnt really choose, so I closed my eyes and clicked at random. I got Black Sabbath, which is fine.

And where the hell is The Clash, The Ramones, Iggy Pop and the Dead Kennedys??

Led. They're totally the best rock band on that poll EVER.

Though posting this, I have Beatles stuck in my head... but I only really liked Abbey Road =/

it was about equal, hendrix and zeppelin, for me.

Are the Beatles really a rock band though? I always thought of them as a pop band. (Still awesome though)

yeah, i wish it wasn't capped at 10 options. But all those guys are true song writers and musicians. something that you have to go out of your way to find these days.

Stones for the win. They're the granddaddies of rock.

gick said:
Are the Beatles really a rock band though? I always thought of them as a pop band. (Still awesome though)

Agreed. The Beatles made pop songs.

AçкяØñ said:
yeah, i wish it wasn't capped at 10 options. But all those guys are true song writers and musicians. something that you have to go out of your way to find these days.
I think Radiohead is the only modern band that can stand among those greats today. This is assuming, of course, that they manage to keep up their current quality of work.

In my book, Hendrix blows all the other options away. The thing is, he isn't straight "rock"- he's got a ton of psychedelia and blues as well. The fact is, Led Zepp is really the only band that fits the criteria. They are true rock.

Back