[Beta Test] BridgeBeta4

G

Ground_0

hey everyone, I'm hoping to get some feedback on a map I've been working on. Here's the details:
BridgeBeta for Counter-Strike: Source
By: Ground_0
Email: [email protected]

bridgebeta4-2.jpg

Description:
This is an idea I had in my head as the ultimate Counter-Strike: Source Map. My expectations are very
high for this map. So do not expect a "Final" complete project for some time. The map is a very large
bridge that is a Terrorist target. The Terrorists goal is to blow the bridge up from the middle. There
are 2 bombsites, 1 at the road level, and the other in the underground maintenece tunnel.

Release Notes:
THIS IS A BETA!!!!
THERE ARE holes
THERE ARE BAD LIGHTING AND TEXTURES
THE BOMBSITES ARE NOT MARKED (They are in the middle)
Cover is sparse but it is there.

I feel a release of this would be good to help get me feedback and suggestions on what I can do to the final layout
of the outside of the bridge. I have many ideas, but since the feedback I get from testing on my server
is enormous, I thought I would open it up to more. So for right now, the map is still in beta. I will NOT
finalize textures and lighting, and goodies like that till the end of the project. That stuff is either fun, or
tedious, and will not affect the gameplay to the extent that the archetecture, layout and balence will. I am about
to start work on the maintence tunnel and get the basics of the layout to that, but looking ahead, the outside area is
almost complete. By complete I mean the archetecture, and basic layout, not the final product. Think of it as a block
of wood used as a placeholder for where you sculture will sit later. Feedback is very much apreciated in an email or
forum post. Thanks once again To everyone that has helped test it, and especially to My Man Pylon for all his help
making this map.

Changelog:

Beta 3
-Added Lights (Lots)
-Added 2nd Level
--Added Site B
--To Be Maintenece Tunnel
-Minor Tweaks
--Roofs For Buildings
--More Func/Details

Beta 4
-Minor Brush Fixes
-Minor Light Fixes
-Fixed Benches/Lights misc models
-Fixed T Window Textures
-Added Beams on bridge sides
-Added windows effected by physics at side of bridge (needs to be stronger)
-turned lights at T start down for testing

Bugs:
-Terrorist Left Stairlight Dead
-Terrorist Bottom light 2 Dead
-Minor Brush Details

To Do:

-Basic Layout for tunnel
-Full Layout of maintenence Tunnel
-Textures
-Lighting
-Skybox with waterfall
-fog
-ambient noise
-redraw start area boxes
-add small outside areas
-Expand outside area and finalize

Shoutouts:

DJ Pylon (sas-tv.com) for all the help with the map, and everything else
Palejewel (sas-tv.com) for playtesting and suggestions
[Sas-TV.com] CS:S Crew for all the help and everything else
Sasquatc4, GrunT, And The Entire Sas-TV.com crew
Everyone Who Has Playtested this with us and given us feedback and suggestions!

Release Date:
Late January 2005

For More Pictures, info and the download link Click Here!

you cant have 2 bombsites right one above the other you have to make it hard to get from one to the other

I just thought of an idea it would be cool if the skybox had a dam on it and this bridge was at the bottom of the dam, just an idea...

looks like an idea from americas army although bridge crossing was a cool map

Back