beta testing

chris_3

Reaction score
On this site ( http://www.hl2zone.net/?zone=help&place=faq#4 its listed under When will Counter-Strike 2 and Team Fortress 2 be released ? ) they say HL2 will be released on steam early for beta testing....... do u guys know whether we have to buy the game, whether its the whole game or ?

When will Counter-Strike 2 and Team Fortress 2 be released ?
"It's a frequently asked question I must say. Word has it that Half-Life 2 itself will be released through steam for beta testing before it comes out Sept 30, and with regards to Counter-Strike 2 and Team Fortress 2, its all up for grabs. My personal opinion is that Team Fortress 2 will be released with Half-Life 2, and Counter-Strike 2 might follow suit in the same manner. "

well i know valve said no single player demo till after release, but if theres going to be a multiplayer demo it should be very soon.

yeah as much as id like to think TF2 is coming with HL2. Who knows, they are saving alot of suprises, maybe they just have to say this just because, we gotta wait and see.

theres a letter in the valve email thread addressing tf2
summary is that its separate and retail. At least we know its alive :)

i like that they are keeping us wondering abou tthe multiplayer and i hope they dont release anything about it till right before the game ... DONT YOU ?

Originally posted by Gordon'sFreeman
i want Single player DeMo to hold me off till release.
I dont.
It would spoil the supprise of the game and it would dull down the experience of the full version.

Thats my opinion anyway

Yeah your right :(
How about the SDK with Map making stuff, im more intrested in that :D

Originally posted by PappaSmurf
I dont.
It would spoil the supprise of the game and it would dull down the experience of the full version.

Thats my opinion anyway

I don't think so. Not for HL1 anyways. When I played the Uplink demo. That made me even more enthused to get the game. It didn't spoil anything for me. If the SP demo was separate from the actual game, I'd love it. I'll d/l the demo if they make one, but it'll be after release I'm sure. As for MP demo, doubtful if you ask me.

on a related topic, wonder if condition zero will have a demo

CZ is supposed to release tommorow (dunno where the fvck it came from but thats what sites and pre-order slips and e-mails from sites like gamestop.com are saying) so possibly soon

Originally posted by |CC|Hudson
on a related topic, wonder if condition zero will have a demo

A demo to an expansion pack to a mod for HL? I wonder how that would look like. :)

i guess it will not be an open beta, just to test for betatesters that have signed up...

There will be no HL2 demo before the game is released.

TF2 is going to be a separate retail game they stated recently.

Back