BF2 Editor First Look

NikolaX

Tank
Reaction score
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_020405

"Unlike the package of separate tools that were released for Battlefield 1942 and Vietnam, the BF2 Editor consolidates all the tools a Modder will need into "subsections" of one Editor, allowing you to do pretty much everything from the same application.

The Level Editor subsection is where you do most of the layout work. In this subsection, you place your objects, spawn points, control points, static effects (such as fires, smoke, or whatever), as well as undergrowth and overgrowth. In the Level Editor you also define boundaries, triggers, playable areas and more. Alongside the Level Editor is the Terrain Editor subsection, in which you can sculpt the terrain and paint ground textures. One really handy feature of the Level Editor is that you can switch to "soldier cam" to get a view of what the map will look like during normal play without having to save the level and load it in Battlefield 2."

Sweet!!

This is definately the most anticipated game by me.

vegeta897 said:
Sweet!!

QFT.

/me makes helicopter sounds

vegeta897 said:
Sweet!!

One of the most anticipated game this year for me

yes.... but I have faith the EA will have thier way with rushing it and it'll be full of bugs, crap netcode, and no coding aspect of an sdk.

vegeta897 said:
Sweet!!

I quadruple that statement! I seriously can't wait.

vegeta897 said:
Sweet!!

Same here. Can't wait.

Today I put together my new rig (on paper that is; I won't have the money until may :-(). I really need more CPU-power, lots of ram and a new videocard for this game.

Back