Big Fortress Forever Update

A

Azlan

Fortress Forever is a team fortress conversion that's based off of the gameplay of Team Fortress Classic specifically. Tonight, they have released their initial map list, as well as a few shots of an original CTF map, called Uno.
[br]</br>
Capture-The-Flag (CTF)
  • 2fort - The quintessential CTF TF map.
  • Bases - A popular CTF map dating back to the original QWTF. Fans of Bases_r2 and the original will be pleased.
  • Crossover2 - The classic redone, with the center choke issue addressed.
  • Monkey - One of The Cheese's TFC hits. Unique flag room design and a large yard.
  • Openfire - Port of the fast-paced ultra-popular TFC essential.
  • Rock2 - A classic, but with tweaks for more smooth gameplay.
  • Schtop - An updated version of eat's CTF TFC map.
  • Shutdown2 - Beautiful remake of The Cheese's classic CTF ramp fest in an amazing new setting.
  • Torch - Port of a great reverse CTF map originally by Drakir. Take your flag and dare to drop it in the flaming well.
  • Uno - An original CTF map, complete with lasers and beautiful brushwork.
  • Well - Another old CTF standby.
[br]
Attack/Defend (A/D)
  • Cornfield - Update of an A/D map featuring, of all things, a cornfield.
  • Dustbowl - TFC's sandy A/D spamfest, revised.
[br]
Other
  • cz2 - Introduced with TFC, this territorial control map is re-introduced in Fortress Forever.
  • Hunted - Our take on TFC's assassination/protection map.
  • Murderball - A remake of a crazy 4-team map by TheDreadedPyro. Help your team hold the ball the longest, and don't get murdered!
  • Mulch_dm - Obligatory DM arena map where your goal is to fight to the death. "Kill, Kill, and Kill more."
  • Push - Meet in the center, grab the ball, and bring it to the goal to score a point for your team.

[br]To view the full update, visit their site by clicking here.

SAVAGE, valve should take these guys. It looks like they aren't messing around with this, looks like a serious mod.

OMFG! I've been waiting for this! Oh my! Can't wait!!! :bounce:

Nice, good map list too. Keep up the good work :D
Dustbowl lol!

There isn't much to say except **** YES.

This is gonna be it. I won't need another mod, or another game really, if this gets the community it deserves.

I can't begin to describe how much I am looking forward to this mod ... if its even got 1/10th the gameplay that TFC had, it will be the best mod for HL2 so far, not to mention the best online multiplayer besides CS Source. By the looks of it, this mod could surpass TFCs gameplay :O

*drools*

Mapping is ELEET. Not a tfc fan but that remake is looking good.

Your team does such beautiful work. Uno looks slick, can't wait to check that one out.

And I love you guys for adding in Cz2. That was my spy map of choice, back in the day. I can only imagine what it'll look like Source-ified.

very excited about this conversion :)
good work so far
"Uno" reminds me a bit of a OPF map

Hey, this mod looks great, im glad you have put Hunted in, it used to be a favrouite map of mine ages ago. Though I guess alot of people didnt like it because of the team limetations and other things.

Awsome I can't wait to get back into TFC again ;) No that I wish they woulda added A/D Map - Avanti on to there initial re-lease :hmph: oh well can;t ask for too much.

Was making a remake of Dustbowl for this mod, but now when they got it covered... i just wasted my time :)

The level of detail you guys are putting into this mod is impressive. Keep up the great work. I love the constant media updates :)

Cheers,
bbyybb.

Majestic, please dont consider your mapping effort a waste of time you could always turn your map into an Assault map similar to dustbowl.

I want this mod nooow ;_;
One of the best "mods" for HL2 I've seen aside from PHB.

DUSTBOWL! I loved the originial. In fact, that is really the only mpa I played for my 2 years of TFC. I also liked 2 fort and some other maps.

woa, nice. Veeerrry nice. I wan't this mod. Just one thing: no badlands? :(

Team Fortress Classic introduced me to multiplayer gaming, so I am very pleased with this mod. Here's hoping it plays at least as good as the original!

Mountain Man said:
Team Fortress Classic introduced me to multiplayer gaming...

Same here, so I'm very partial to it. I'm glad a super-talented team is working on a new rendition. If everything goes well and they get the mechanics right, I bet I'll be playing this mod for a long time to come...just like TFC!

Excellent work.

I was never really into TFC, but I think this could be good fun :)

This looks great! I loved TFC back in the day and i'm sure i'll love this. Any plans to remake the map "Badlands"? I don't know if too many people liked it. It was a bit on the big side, but I loved that map a lot.

Then again maybe i'll try to make it, if no one else does.

Badlands Avanti and Flagrun are certainly popular maps, but we need to get the core maps done first. Then we will look at maps such as these. Maybe if a dedicated community mapper gets the above done to sufficient standard by the time the mod is to be released we could include them

They couldn't possibly speculate on when the mod will be finished? The sooner the better for those who can't wait obviously. But maybe later rather then sooner for the benefit of the mod's completeness and the overall gameplay. It's best to get it right on the first try, as appose to all these numerous, frivilous updates. They are a dime a dozen when it comes to Valve and it's "Source".

damn you guys make me feel old sometimes - why are you all saying that the original version was Team Fortress Classic (the classic should be a hint) the original version of Team Fortress was Quakeworld: Team Fortress for Quake 1 and it had all the features of TFC and a few things they left out of TFC - like the fact that pretty much anything could be the goal/flag in qw:TF, can't remember the detail now but they couldn't do it the same in TFC so they worked around it somehow to be able to do the most popular map, anyway ORIGINAL = Quakewold: Team Fortress and it was made by some german blokes iirc who are probably grandparents by now :p

[EDIT] oops my mistake, it was made by Australians and the original Quakeworld mod that it ran ontop of was by Dutch blokes (probably)
heres a link http://www.planetfortress.com/teamfortress/

QWTF devs work at valve now ;p

QW itself was made by id software, you're thinking of some sort of 3rd party qw client like fuhquake or something (tenebrae?)

Back