BioShock 2 - Viral Campaign Site / News **Could Be Spoilers**

Dr.IndianaJones

Diamond Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
So some of you may or may not know about www.somethinginthesea.com and a little bit of the story for BioShock 2.

More info about SitS here.

Anyway, Mark Metzler's daughter is missing and is said she was taken by the "big sister" down to Rapture. People can write to Mr. Metzler with any helpful information to find his little girl. If you did write to him, he sends you "evidence" to help him. The first evidence was that of a that of a drawing of a "Big Sister" that was sent to people -
Big_sister.jpg

Next evidence was a Record sent in the mail to people -
cimg1384.jpg

(which was sent out late May, and are still being sent out)

Then on Aug. 8th was the beach event that happened all over the world:

People woke up and got to the beach around 6 a.m. and found this -

500x_santamonica.jpg

500x_jonesbeach2.jpg

Inside were these -

500x_jonesbeach1.jpg

500x_vancouver.jpg

500x_vancouver2.jpg

500x_vancouver3.jpg

Now, as I have read; people who sent in letters are now getting Telegrams sent by Mark from a company called Speedy Brothers -

0910030014.jpg

telegram.jpg

The telegram reads:
“ISIDORE VOUCHES THAT YOU ARE TRUSTWORTHY BE ON LOOK-OUT FOR A PACKAGE FURTHER EXPLANATION FORTHCOMING YOUR HELP URGENTLY NEEDED

=MARK G MELTZER=”

Well, as I was reading on the 2K forums, some people now have gotten a big package from Mark and inside are a letter and a Splicer Mask -

dsc00106nq.jpg

dsc00109w.jpg

(so far, I haven't gotten any telegram, but if I do; I will let you all know)

Thats all I know so far, if I hear anything else I will post it here.

I would be much more interested if Bioshock 2 did not look like a disappointing shitfest.

Regardless of how I think Bioshock 2 will be, that's some really fun Viral Marketing. Wish I had written, having that mask as a collectors Item would be spectacular.

Gameplay looks boring still. Just a spam attackfest.

I am still on such a divide over this game :|

It does look like they are improving the core gameplay mechanics but I am not convinced the story or atmosphere will match the first bioshock. And this game definitely doesn't need multiplayer!

I might pick up this cheaper (but then I don't get pre order DLC and don't know how to get it if i don't get it at full price :( I want extra costumes damnit!) Seriously though this is why i ****ING HATE preorder DLC!

All the viral stuff they're doing is really quite awesome, but as already stated, the game is going to suck hard.

So, I'm the only person who isn't shitting all over Bioshock 2?

Interested to see how it reviews. The last Eurogamer preview was really positive. When I first heard about the game I thought it sounded terrible but have been hearing good things since then so we'll see.

All the reviews are going to circlejerk and wet their pants all over the game, I can tell you that right now.

So, I'm the only person who isn't shitting all over Bioshock 2?

No, I'm quite excited for it actually. It seems they might have actually done well for themselves with it. Contrary to commonly held belief I think that it's a good thing Ken Levine had basically nothing to do with this one, and am becoming more confident in this new 2K studio.

I'll wait for impressions/reviews before I slam it as shit. It's not like Bioshock was the second coming of goddamn Christ, it was just a good game--hopefully the sequel will be as playable and artistically intriguing as well.

It is going to suck. And there are many reasons for it but I don't feel it's necessary to point them out. Cool marketing indeed.

The first game sucked, and I regret buying it. I definately won't be getting Bioshock 2, now will the reviewers stop comparing it to Half-Life? Pretty please?

I'll wait for reviews, well semi intelligent reviews anyway like maybe eurogamer or something. It's a given that ign or gamespot will give it a high score anyway.

The reason I liked the first was its atmosphere, setting and story. That's not something that is easily replicated in a sequel after only 2 years and different dev team, so forgive me if I am not as optimistic as others :|

From these scant previews, I haven't seen anything that makes me think I won't get it.

Back