Black Mesa Source makes cover of Australian PC Game Mag

Can someone translate it for me? I can't read Australian.

Looks lovely, this is likely to illicit a hostile reaction from the BMS haters as per usual.

Thing worth remembering: I'm sure BMS didn't hold this magazine's editor hostage, or his pet tortoise for that matter. They made it front page because they consider it newsworthy and a major production by a studio mod team which has earned it's spot due to the quality.

Damn, judging from the close of the article, it doesn't sound like it's coming any time soon ... :(

But yeah, they deserve this kind of exposure. Very impressive, especially for a mod.

Looks lovely, this is likely to illicit a hostile reaction from the BMS haters as per usual.

I TOTALLY LOVE BLACK MESA!

AGrunt_Armr.jpg

That is an abortion of a front cover but i can't wait for this to come out.

Mmm, those are some nice new screenshots. Great to hear someones impressions of the gameplay :D

That is an abortion of a front cover but i can't wait for this to come out.
Yeah, seeing the "artist's rendition of Gordon Freeman" on the cover for some reason reminds me of the cover of an issue of Nintendo Power or maybe the Megaman 1 box art.

Crazy Aussies...
Someone in the Black Mesa mod (yes, it's a mod not a game and those people are not developers) team have role as a "Story lead"!? F*ck me.

Crazy Aussies...
Someone in the Black Mesa mod (yes, it's a mod not a game and those people are not developers) team have role as a "Story lead"!? F*ck me.
Because they're not simply remaking it, they're expanding it.

Yeah, seeing the "artist's rendition of Gordon Freeman" on the cover for some reason reminds me of the cover of an issue of Nintendo Power or maybe the Megaman 1 box art.

lol, i was wonder what was up with that.

The bald security officer firing at the zombie outside of the elevator made me laugh for a moment. He looks like the type of guy who would crack under pressure and lose it.

Or like some mean, mentally tough mother****er who would lead you into war knowing very well you're going to end up dead.

ironside.jpg

Both thoughts made me laugh and that's a good thing.

Thing worth remembering: I'm sure BMS didn't hold this magazine's editor hostage, or his pet tortoise for that matter. They made it front page because they consider it newsworthy and a major production by a studio mod team which has earned it's spot due to the quality.

That is not worth remembering, for their basis of quality is unsubstantiated beyond the immediately superficial.

Crazy Aussies...

Yes, quite.

I just can't get past how tedious the writing is in that article.

And it's been a long time since a HUD was ugly enough to deserve comment. (hehe... what a petty put-down :D)

Since they had to rerecord the audio, they decided to put their own touch on it I guess. Perhaps it includes 'scripted sequences' in broader level design terms.

That is not worth remembering, for their basis of quality is unsubstantiated beyond the immediately superficial.

It must be wondering living in a world where technical skill is ignored to the extent you display.

I'm sure you'd make a fine art critic.

waiting for black mesa... still waiting..

I know it's free and people do it on their spare time but it looks F***ing awesome...

Back