Black-Ops Pre-Order opens, takes #3 sales position, dominates store page

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
Grabbed it up because I'm a lil' skeeze (and love, love the MP). Looks like it's exclusive to Steam again (not new news, exactly) -

Here's some info that you may or may not know:

Store page: is right here | and here's the Valve press release Steam Cloud/Works, server browsing, matchmaking, etc. Looks like we get a better deal this time around.

also looks like Gabe got a new Ferrari...

jie5w1.jpg

Key Features:

Cinematic Single Player Campaign: An epic campaign and story that takes you to a variety of locations and conflicts all over the world where you will play as an elite Black Ops soldier in deniable operations where if you are caught, captured or killed, your country will disavow all knowledge of your existence.

Signature Multiplayer: Call of Duty’s signature multiplayer gameplay returns with new perks and killstreaks, deeper levels of character and weapon customization, and all new modes including:

AWESOME ALERT - Wager Matches: One in the Chamber, Gun Game, Sticks and Stones, Sharpshooter

Theater Mode: View, record, and edit your favorite moments from multiplayer, and share with your friends

Combat Training: Test your skill solo or Co-Op with friends against AI enemy players

Zombies!: Fan favorite Zombie mode is back providing endless hours of Zombie-slaying entertainment, solo or Co-Op

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System Requirements
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 or better
Memory: 2GB
Graphics: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT / ATI Radeon® X1950Pro or better
DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0c
Hard Drive: 12GB*
Sound: DirectX® 9.0c-compatible
*Call of Duty®: Black Ops requires an initial hard drive space of approximately 24GB to download and install the game via digital download (8GB of compressed files, 8GB of decompressed files and 8GB of installed files). Upon installing the game, 16GB (compressed and decompressed files) may be deleted from the hard drive. Please make note of where the compressed and decompressed files are being saved on your hard drive in order to later locate these temporary files for removal.

© 2010 Activision Publishing, Inc. Activision and Call of Duty are registered

-----------------------------------------------

No matter the flavor of PC Gaming you may identify with, this video provides a good amount of entertainment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCP1g0dcUFE

*checks it out*

£40??! I got my copy for ps3 for £33!

This just in: Activision game with multi-million dollar advertising budget sells well. News at eleven.

Not gonna pre-order, but I have to admit I'm tempted. Really been craving some multiplayer shootage and CoD always hits the spot for me. Gonna wait and see if Treyarch actually pull it off this time, and if the PC support is all it's cracked up to be (it won't be).

Gonna pre-order this. Zombie mode, epic multiplayer, betting modes, and the single-player. Well worth $60.

MP is similar to every other Call of Duty. Except there is going to be co-op modes, like World at War has.

Yeah, i'm going to order this ............ if I lived in reverse world where CoD wasn't poo.

I'll probably get it at some point

Getting this on the 360, most of my Swedish friends are getting it on that, plus my PC could barely run MW2, let alone will it run Black Ops okay.:(

The only bright side is there's close to no cheaters on the 360, that is if one doesn't count people exploiting glitches before they get patched.

Hey, they actually did something interesting! The Wager game modes are actually pretty cool sounding, though I don't see any point in the currency system at all.

Still not even near enough changes for me to want to ignore my signature.

Hey, they actually did something interesting! The Wager game modes are actually pretty cool sounding, though I don't see any point in the currency system at all.

Still not even near enough changes for me to want to ignore my signature.

The currency system is there for people who want to unlock specific guns in their own order. Instead of getting a new gun every other level, you just save up your points and splurge on whatever weapon you want.

That could either be a great idea, or the worst thing ever. Depending on the balance of the weapons (which, since this is CoD, means there will probably be one gun that just destroys everything else.)

Isn't currency system also used for appearance, i.e. buying ghillie suits and shit?

The currency system is there for people who want to unlock specific guns in their own order. Instead of getting a new gun every other level, you just save up your points and splurge on whatever weapon you want.

That could either be a great idea, or the worst thing ever. Depending on the balance of the weapons (which, since this is CoD, means there will probably be one gun that just destroys everything else.)

I dont see how it could be a good thing. They clearly stated in the video that there is a linear progression in terms of how good each weapon is. It gives a bullshit advantage, and ruins the mode. Even if all the guns were balanced, it'd just be a stupid superficial thing.

I dont see how it could be a good thing. They clearly stated in the video that there is a linear progression in terms of how good each weapon is. It gives a bullshit advantage, and ruins the mode. Even if all the guns were balanced, it'd just be a stupid superficial thing.

I might be wrong, and like Gargantou said, it might be just for ghillie suits and appearal. I just remember some MP preview saying something about buying new weapons (might have been just for the wager modes, I really don't know.) Its just there to buy something.

points are used to get almost everything but the ability to purchase certain items is unlocked as you level up, so you can't just save up and buy the most powerful gun first

Sorry, since when is there a "most powerful" gun in CoD? I'm really trying to think of examples. I mean, people whined about the ACR being super accurate in MW2, but it wasn't exactly powerful. Everyone hated the M16 in CoD 4 but I didn't have too much trouble with it, same with the P90. Were they easier to handle than the other guns in the PC versions or something?

So, the guns are either imbalanced, or the difference is only "superficial"?
attachment.php

I rewatched the Wager Match video and didn't hear anything about a linear progression of weapons, unless you were talking about gun game, which is um... not quite the same. You ever play that server mod in Counter-Strike? That's (probably) where they took it from.

I suppose imbalanced a better word then powerful. Albeit, the Spas-12 has ridiculous range for a shotgun, and with a suppressor and rapid fire, the UMP-9 is probably the best weapon in the game.

The ACR and SCAR are both a little bit too accurate, but you don't exactly have the AK pointed at the sky after firing off an entire magazine.

The SPAS does not have huge range. Try using nothing but that for an entire round - fun, but hardly game breaking. UMP with rapid fire is, uhh... not good, in my experience. Great all-rounder, but I prefer the MP5 or Vector for close range. ACR's accuracy is offset by it's weak stopping power like I said, and the SCAR has a small clip (unless you get the extension, which isn't exactly easy). Of course, practically all of these are made miles better by the stopping power perk, which was admittedly a terrible idea, but thankfully Black Ops is doing away with that.

Again though, these could be different on PC. I only played on Xbox.

I've only played on Xbox as well. Maybe I only notice the UMP and Spas because most people set up sprint classes using only those two weapons.

Albeit, I really only play Hardcore TDM or Hardcore Ricochet HQ, so I never really get a chance to see how good each weapon really is. (One hit kills with just about anything.)

I hate Pre-ordering games, I'll just head to Walmart at like 12:35am opening night. i've only heard of one game they sold out of at midnight and that was Halo 3 a bunch of years back

I've only played on Xbox as well. Maybe I only notice the UMP and Spas because most people set up sprint classes using only those two weapons.

Albeit, I really only play Hardcore TDM or Hardcore Ricochet HQ, so I never really get a chance to see how good each weapon really is. (One hit kills with just about anything.)
Sprint classes are ****ing dumb, easily the worst balance issue from MW2. Also something that hopefully dies a slow death with Black Ops.

Not a big fan of hardcore modes.

The M1887 shotgun being dual wielded was an insane gun prior to MW2 being patched.

The M1887 shotgun being dual wielded was an insane gun prior to MW2 being patched.
Yeah, thank god for that. After it was patched I barely saw anyone using it again. Instead they all switched to using dual rangers, which ****ing SUCK in most instances. Those people get my balls on their face.

Modern Warfare 2 retailed for $150 here. D:

Swiped it for about 100 from some big chain store who probably didn't know any better, but still.

100 dollars american?

Not even I would pay that much. And i'm a sucker for CoD.

It sounds to me like they've made a modern CoD5? Intrigued.

they've been working on those gun sounds.

cod4 was one of my favorite mp games of all time. i hope that this is on a less retarded level than mw2 was and more similar to 4. i'd look into it.

but not for full price.

bam23, I hope so too @ levels, CoD4 had far better levels than MW2.

Back