Black or White models

TigerStar

Reaction score
Alright, this is by far the most difficult thing I've expirienced in mapping. I know it is a problem with the lighting, but I don't know if it's just my map and people find ways to cover it up, or if it is the source engine? Alright, here's the problem. I have a map, with a door, right? It is a sliding door, which works on button press, and there is a button. There is a bright light in the starting room. Once you go through the sliding door, there are some red lights I put in. Now, I walk into it. I have a stalker stuck in a pod going just ballastic and then it turns black if those red lights are dim. I brighten them up just a little, and he turns white! What the hell? Anyone have any ideas on how to fix that? Also, if any of you could, please give me a death animation or tell me how to fix it so you can kill him WITHOUT it crashing, and WITHOUT editing the animations myself.

don't know about the lighting issue but to make him die without crashing you need to map for episode 1. HL2 stalkers have no death animations. in fact, i'm not even sure Ep1 stalkers have death animations, since they are vaporised by the power balls

Well, I've noticed that there's no fdg for episode 1. Does that mean I have to wait? I'm not new to mapping, but I'm not exactly an npc/single player mapper kinda guy. I decided to try singleplayer mapping for some time see if I get a feel for it.

EDIT: FINALLY! I just got the lighting error/bug out. Now could someone please answer my fdg question?

Back