Blue-Shift: Source // A Half-Life 2 Modification

C

`cake ^

Blue-Shift: Source is a total Half-Life 2 conversion progressing towards the recreation of Half-Life: Blue-Shift on the Source Engine. We, the development team, plan to recreate the third installment of the award-winning series known as Half-Life, where the player takes on the role of Barney Calhoun who is basically an innocent bystander that just wants to escape with his life. The rational behind Blue-Shift: Source is to rebuild the levels, redevelop the textures and introduce new elements which will revolutionize the way Blue-Shift was played.

New polycounts on the monsters, weapons, NPCs and other items will allow us to construct a living and breathing world, full of interest and physics that will drive you mad. If you feel you have the dedication and talent to help out with this modification, drop a line in these forums with some previous work. If you have any ideas, suggestions, comments or more, feel free to drop us a line aswell. Everything is well accepted.

We started this project for the community, so the fans and watchers of this project are like our fuel source.
We are currently seeking:

* Animators
* Programmers
* AI Programmers
* Mappers
* Character Modellers
* Prop & Weapons Modellers
* Sprite & HUD Artists
* Conceptual Artists
* Texture Artists

So if you are interested in joining the team please visit http://s13.invisionfree.com/Blue_Shift_Source/ Which are our temporary forums.

Thats a great idea for a mod! Are you guys going to stay strictly to the architecture and level design of Blue Shift or are you just going to make it similar?

n/o, but this is a waste of effort. Just contact Black Mesa: Source and if you reach an agreement, you'll only have to make maps and a couple of models.

Agreed. Unprofessional idea, you stole the FAQ from Opposing Source, have invisionfree forums and a freewebs site.... and Blue Shift sucked. Stop riding of the success of Black Mesa: Source.

I hate these mods which are re-creating classics.

Just create something of your own. Something i would like to see is a ninja type mod.

There's an idea to kick you off.

It says he joined his forums on the 13th...funny, in the single thread there and in a few days he has managed to reach 8,388,607 posts :rolleyes:

[BA]Monk said:
Agreed. Unprofessional idea, you stole the FAQ from Opposing Source
who stole their FAQ from BM:S.

This is pointless. There are already 2 teams making the AI models and aimations you need, there were very few unique models/textures in BS. Plus you need a better name.

ríomhaire said:
who stole their FAQ from BM:S.

We didn't steal the FAQ from BMS, Kalashnikov wrote the thread containing that information and altered the text himself

Why are you so against this guy setting up this mod? If he wants to try, let him, don't try and follow every thread he makes about it (and creating a few of your own) telling him not to!

Agreed, I don't care if a mod closely resembles the one I am working on, everyone is entitled to carry out a project as they see fit, on a topic of their choice.

Mod envy is so stupid. Just let everyone do their own ****ing thing. Don't mod for popularity or exposure. Mod for yourself.

Insane said:
n/o, but this is a waste of effort. Just contact Black Mesa: Source and if you reach an agreement, you'll only have to make maps and a couple of models.

good idea...

and think of something original, we're seeing way too many remakes and rehashes, though i like the way some are turning out, I would much more like to see new, original mods...

Some people like remakes, I sure do. They don't have to think of something original, its their mod and lots of people out there would play it.

of course, the same problem would face them as it would people remaking OpFor or HL.

Hollywood said:
Some people like remakes, I sure do. They don't have to think of something original, its their mod and lots of people out there would play it.

Exactly, Half-Life had numerous modification that were very popular, there is nothing wrong with porting these, even if the concept is "unoriginal".

If people really want to see some original mods, they should design them themselves rather than complaining and not learning anything new.

GonzoBabbleshit said:
We didn't steal the FAQ from BMS, Kalashnikov wrote the thread containing that information and altered the text himself

I didn't write the FAQ in the OS forums, Acid did: and for the first few days, the FAQ was the same as the BMS one.

Either way, Blue Shift: Source would be cool: but again, Black Mesa: Source isn't going to give handouts: we believe in equal work initiatives of equal quality.

I agree with both my friend Denzil, Kalash and Ennui.

MOD for yourself (make what YOU want to make), ignore people that seem to think they can judge what mods should be made and what not, but lack the skills to make mods of their own. If you want to make a mod, then do it. You will learn alot.

its easier said than done though geronimous, at the end of the day you dont spend 1000+ hours in front of a computer carefully manipulating vertices and applying textures, finding leaks etc, just for your own satisfaction, All mod developers do it because they want something to share with the community

Back