bodies disappear.

cbass

Reaction score
This might have been mentioned but what ever. In the new video i noticed towards the end of the video when the flank the combine, right when they enter a guy dies(right under the guy on the balcony that they shoot later on). Keep an eye on him and youll see him slowly disappear. This kinda disappoints me but the video was so sweet it didnt bother me to much.

ppl remember they said EVERYTHING STAYS....

BUT...

maybe in options you can change that,

like GORE LEVEL up and down.

and

decals, bodies, bullets and watever to not stay for long, or stay forever, for those who have pcs that can't cope. the more things on screen the more slow it may go. or somehthing

Oh yeah, i hope that is an option, i hate disappearing bodies;(

I'm sure I saw mention of the max decals and decay time varchars in an irc log or something, can't remember exactly what was said though. Can anyone lay their hands on them anywhere?

in this mag i read it says all bodies and everything stay.. i will go find a pic now for proof.

i hate disapearing bodies to man

Hmm, check out the "flying combine" (guy blown away with grenade), he doesnt seem to disappear?

that was funny.

also i can't wait for the movie clip, of you using the bazzoca to blow the space ship from the sky, and then it crashes on the road, comes towards you hitting all the cars out the way. man that movie is SOOO gonna rock.

yeah, I hope there is an opion and I am sure there us. And yes the buggy sceane = My personal favourite :)

That was cool, and you hear the guy narrating it (gabe?) say;

"physics is cool"

And then loads of geeky people start sniggering like bevis and butthead. :dork:

:cheese:

Shots plz.

Originally posted by commando
that was funny.

also i can't wait for the movie clip, of you using the bazzoca to blow the space ship from the sky, and then it crashes on the road, comes towards you hitting all the cars out the way. man that movie is SOOO gonna rock.

Spaceship? Bazooka? HAHA:cheese:

EDIT: Thats my fav too

yea aint joking man....i have a 10min preview from a mag, i will go watch it now and take some quick pics. BRB

yea aint joking man....i have a 10min preview from a mag, i will go watch it now and take some quick pics. BRB

No, he's laughing because of the way you worded it - It's technically not really a "spaceship", and that's not a bazooka, it's an RPG.

o ok i took a screen, but like it didn't show in paint jus was black grr.
o well.
o ok soz. well you know what i meant. i loved that bit.

strider, buggy, man and when the new movies come out. if they do. then WOW how cool

Originally posted by cbass
This might have been mentioned but what ever. In the new video i noticed towards the end of the video when the flank the combine, right when they enter a guy dies(right under the guy on the balcony that they shoot later on). Keep an eye on him and youll see him slowly disappear. This kinda disappoints me but the video was so sweet it didnt bother me to much.

humm I might be blind, but I cannot see any body disapear

Originally posted by Abom|nation
It's technically not really a "spaceship"
No. It's a manatee.

Anyway, the Strider vid's the best. But whatever - when new media is released, then shall I be excited.
And I will ride a flying horse into town wearing only a fig leaf.

PC Gaming World?
I got a 10mins preview on a DVD from them.. :)
It's basicly a short version of the 25minutes E3 movie, but it's still good..

"No. It's a manatee."

if we are gona be picky then valve named it the "Alien Gunship" :p
check the email valve thread. :)

sorry, i just had to mate ;)

Its a VTOL Gunship! :cheese:

Yeah, the strider video is amazing, i can't wait to see the blink version. I just can't believe the amount of material they have in this game, if it's all like what the video's show i don't think we'll have time to breathe!:rolling:

I remember in the original HL, there were times when nothing exciting would happen, like you would fight a few headcrabs, or you would be having to traverse a few virtually empty areas. HL2 looks intense, although i sort of liked having a rest.

The body does disappear, i didn't notice it until i looked really closely, the body is below the guy who fires the flare. I didn't see him get killed but he's dead there. You never see him completely disappear but he starts to fade.;(

yea tewmten that is the mag. i know it is the 23min preview, like abit from each WAS GR8!

bodies disappear in most games. It's just because if your CPU had to all of them it could struggle and it will help them keep the specs down but i'm sure there will be an option to change length of time they stay/number of bodies. Personally it doesn't bother me too much

well cstrike has it. even in a 32 person server its fine plus this gae is pretty top of the line. they know that its going to ran on good comps so why not just do it?

dude don't the bodies in cs dissapair, like when u die u click to come bk alive, and if u don't u stay on the floor, if u do then the body goes cause u come bk alive

Can't they have the bodies stay there until you go to the next area?

you wouldn't wanna go up to the same place and see your self dead on the floor, when u are standing up next to it! LOL

tru animal. don't woz all they did say bodies will stay and i believe it.

it is jus maybe in options they changed it! we all don't know for cert

well we answered it.

could be changed in options
nothin to worry about
and we hate dissapearing bodies LOL

And I dont think that was an RPG, looked more like some advanced AT-4.

what hl2 wait wtf???
you said...

WEWT:DTY!

what that mean?

schweppes: what? what do you mean?
EDIT:
commando: im happy with what u said

wewt :D ty
woot happy face thank you <--- in words

All I'm going to say is:

vALVE knows what there doing.

Commando did you never play cs?

It's round based. When somedies their body stays there till the next round. When a new round starts all bodies, weapons and bloodstains are cleared and away you go.

Nothing too odd with seeing your own body. It's a staple part of lots of MMORPG's and RPG's, running off to loot your own corpse.

Anyway back to topic I dare say the bodies disappearing or not is down to either a configurable setting but it's probably built into the LOD system, if your framerate starts to struggle and there are things an the screen which can decay then the LOD system allowing them to decay to save on resources makes sense to me.

That's a good way to look at it. CPU is struggling, LOD gets rid of some bodies.

na i didn't wanna play it man. but i jus would think the bodies would do wat i said above o ok my bad

Back