Bots don't like SMG's

Xune

Reaction score
I've been playing CS:S offline with bots limited to using pistols, shotguns and SMG's.

However I've noticed that the bots will only ever use pistols or the auto shotty. I know they buy SMG's, because I see them dropped everywhere when they die, the bots just never use them.

When I uncheck pistols they just run around with kniver, with only 1:5 carrying a shotgun.

Has anyone else noticed strange behaviour like this and is there a way of changing bots preference to guns?

tell them that u will kickban them unless they use smg :cheers:

you need to set the difficulty of your bots to a higher level.

TrippyG said:
tell them that u will kickban them unless they use smg :cheers:

Lol, on our server's logs, there was a guy who played for like 3 hours with just bots, and screamed at them to use knives please lol.

The results are the same no matter what the difficulty is set at.

DreadLord1337 said:
Lol, on our server's logs, there was a guy who played for like 3 hours with just bots, and screamed at them to use knives please lol.

ROFL! KOOL!

0mg! h3'z /-\ n00bz0rz!!!
bot_knivesonly 1 -bots will use knives only ;)

It's true, you can't force 'em to use SMG's, nor the M249. They will buy one, but won't use it, they'll use pistol if you allow it, or otherwise knives.

maybe it depens on the map. they obviously wont snipe with them

If you only allow SMG's during server creation, the bots will only use knives. They will buy them and drop them, but won't use them.

If you allow shotguns, then they will sometimes use the auto shotty, or stick with knives, never using the M3.

Allowing pistols in the server results in a decent range of pistols being used, and the same is true for rifles. Having everything allowed results in all weapons being used, including SMG's, the M249 and sniper rifles, with a bias towards regular rifles.

This is true for any map and bot skill level.

There is obviously some flaw in the logic when choices are made on which weapons to buy and indeed which ones to use when servers are configured for specific styles of play.

Hopefully someone at Valve/Turtle Rock will pick up on this and set things straight.

I dunno, I play against them on normal - no sniping though - and I get a good mix of every single gun there is, except the different pistols.

DreadLord1337 said:
LMFAO! I don't suppose you could post it on the forums? :p

Back