Bots?

Bad^Hat

The Freeman
Reaction score
Anyone know if HL2 will come packaged with bots for multiplayer? I think this'd be a worthwhile feature. I'm not too sure I should bother Gabe is someones already asked tho...?

I never thought of that b4.

But i supect there might considering the level of detail gone into the single player AI.

I guess we will have to wait en see.

Didn't they hire someone from outside of Valve to do the bots for CS 1.6? Becuase they may do the same for HL2. Although I get the feeling that they won't have bots. They may add them after though, I mean the mod community was never able to really create proper bots for HL or its mods.

What about Jumbot? It was pretty freakin hard but I'd say it was fairly accurate to human behaviour. Still the bots on Q3 and UT are about the best I've seen to date.

I think Count Floyd, the podbot author is working on cs 1.6 and cs:cz AI.

His work might be used for hl:dm too.

Id LOVE bots...Timesplitters Bots are great having massive wars on Half Life 2 without being online sound great

apparently, it's the person who did the C&C generals AI thats working on CS:CZ, at least, thats what PCGamer said :p

Ever heard of the Parabot? That was (is) a cool bot, just a pity that it won't be continued anymore...

Gabe wouldn't be able to tell you anyway - remember, they're keeping quiet on the HL2 MP modes. Whatever it is, I doubt it'll have bots, but it's not out of the question.

My guess is they will be included, considering the amount of time they spent with the AI and the fact that they are backing CS:CZ which includes bots. Also the popularity of bots in most MP games would be a determining factor. But who knows for sure, if they do, great.. but it won't be the same as playing against real people.

yer Jumbot is a classic.... really REALLY outdated the last version i used....... everyone i know uses Podbot these days..... with a gd script on CS they can be really gd to practice against.
i might just start :D

Kam

You need to tweak Podbot alot for it to work realistically, in regards to reaction times and stuff.

Back