Bought CZ for CS:SOURCE and..

He@t!

Reaction score
Since we all know the Date for beta testing,I wanna mke sure i will get it :naughty: So my question is that CZ should appear in my MY games List on steam So i can get the beta Correct?

yes, it will apear on the 5th apparently when pre-loading starts.

Well we might see the icon even soon for CS:S, so who knows!

5th for preloading 10th we get to play, shame it's only 1 map :(

any 1 know what map it is?
persoanlly i dislike de_dust on cs 1.6 - but on Cz its great
so what ever map it is ill be happy with

maggotcorpse said:
any 1 know what map it is?
persoanlly i dislike de_dust on cs 1.6 - but on Cz its great
so what ever map it is ill be happy with

Most likely De_Dust. Wouldn't be my first choice, but one map is better than no maps.

hwo many mb will it take to download onto steam for each of us to play. Also if they had alll maps it would take forever to download it

Surely the map will be aztec, as was demonstrated in the lovely E3 video?

I dunno, I think I would rather be playing Doom 3 rather than the CS:S Beta with one map. HL2 on the other hand...

I don't think they ever said for sure what map it would be, I heard a "probably dust", but nothing else so far.

So we can still dream unless I missed something :)

EVERYONE!
Listen. This is another scam so they can make a little bit more money.
Do not buy CZ.
First of all, the game sucked ass.
Second of all, the only reason they are doing this is because of Doom3.
This scam just proves that the game isn't ready. But, since they already had Counter-Strike: Source completed, that is the real reason of the release.

HEY a**holes in valve! Grow the f**k up!
Release the game or get sued by 10 million people.
I am going to laugh if HL2 goes gold the day after the release of Counter-Strike: Source.
That is most likely what they are going to do.

I HAVE A FREAKING HL2 CD-KEY. LET ME PLAY THE GAME THAT I PAID FOR A**HOLES.

^^ He is such such a dumbass.

Anyway, I could go get CZ if I wanted to, but de_dust royally blows. They would need to give us a better map to get me to stop playing Doom 3.

Go buy Doom 3 everyone. Don't play Valves games. I understand that the game IS NOT ready, but they have worked on it for years. There isn't an excuse for more delays. We have steam now. Just do updates every five minutes on steam. Also, make sure you allow us to download the new ISOs too with the updated material.

nooo! doom3 fanboys are invading!! ruunnn!

kinda sick of dust. they should add rain to it like in aztec, make it a bit more interseting, but then i guess theyd have to call it de_mud

poseyjmac said:
kinda sick of dust. they should add rain to it like in aztec, make it a bit more interseting, but then i guess theyd have to call it de_mud

Well they could add actual dust flying around instead? de_dusty?

I always thought that some dust/sand blowing around, would be an awesome effect.

The Terminator said:
I always thought that some dust/sand blowing around, would be an awesome effect.

http://www.csnation.net/articles.php/article_192/ said:
Ambience has never been a strong suit in Counter-Strike's various maps. All of that has changed with CS: Source. Helicopters can be heard flying overhead. Birds chirp. CS maps are no longer a series of ghost towns. Insects, represented by tiny particles, can be seen flying about. Smoke and mist float around the map, giving the wind some character. The skyboxes make the world seem endless. The maps seem much more alive. The maps feel as though they're part of a world, instead of some isolated cut-out made for a computer game.

According to rizzuh, we'll be seeing some stuff like that :)

jackofthetrade32 said:
Go buy Doom 3 everyone. Don't play Valves games. I understand that the game IS NOT ready, but they have worked on it for years. There isn't an excuse for more delays. We have steam now. Just do updates every five minutes on steam. Also, make sure you allow us to download the new ISOs too with the updated material.

wow. I didn't know assholes existed till you posted in this thread.

Valve hasn't officially stated any release dates (other than the September release last year, which was missed by a long-shot thanks in part to retard hax0rs), so how exactly did you come to the conclusion that the game is delayed in any way?

Games dont go gold just because a few 'gamers' start getting a bit pissy, they go gold when they're ready.

Granted, Valve are perfectionists, but i'd much prefer a game of the same calabre as HL, rather than a game slopped together, like 90% of modernday releases.

de_spam

lol but an actual point here... the way the game has "sky boxes" i dont understand full what they are but i understand theyre spces for clouds and stuff to float about in right?

couldnt vlave jus make thin faint yellowy dusty clounds and place then on the map to make some sorta foggy dust effect

jackofthetrade32 said:
EVERYONE!
Second of all, the only reason they are doing this is because of Doom3.

The CS:Source beta was announced before Doom 3 went gold.

You got the HL2 voucher from an ATI card, you paid for the card, not the game.

guise said:
couldnt vlave jus make thin faint yellowy dusty clounds and place then on the map to make some sorta foggy dust effect

Source and most other modern engines have a fog effect already built in, they dont need to do anything special to have the haze in dust. In the 2 recent de_dust screenies from csnation there is indeed a haze.

Volumetric fog is a DirectX effect. Valve can implement it, sure, but it's not like it's a new source-engine-only technology. Source isn't a renderer.

More than likely though, if you do see wind and dust in source, it's probably a sprite trick rather than true fog. And who can blame them. Looks decent and uses next to no resources compared to liquid dynamics and crap. Jeez. Didn't take long for me to hit liquid simulation did it?

Azrael. said:
I dunno, I think I would rather be playing Doom 3 rather than the CS:S Beta with one map. HL2 on the other hand...
Doesn't meen you can't play both.

jackofthetrade32 said:
Look its the guy that said ATI makes there cards purposly crappy LOL :imu:

I am going to laugh if HL2 goes gold the day after the release of Counter-Strike: Source.
That is most likely what they are going to do.

man if you mean the final CS:S i feel sorry for you, you're not very well-informed, CS:S is coming out WITH hl2 INSIDE the box.

First of all, the game sucked ass.

i don't think it sucked ass, have you tried playing multiplayer? the maps, textures, models and sounds are a lot better now you know... that's the best the people at Valve can do man, cuz that's all the engine can give them, with Source they will have a lot more freedom, if you don't like the game, just don't play it.

Yeah and like Malambis said, you paid for the card, not the game.

Just do updates every five minutes on steam.

Yeah, do that and crash every 5 minutes with a bugged game.
For the updates, you would have to restart the game every 5 minutes for Steam to install the update, so i think it's better to just wait a few more weeks (come on you people waited over 1 year of delay) and have an ALMOST bug free game than a crappy one that crashes every 5 minutes.

Shuzer said:
According to rizzuh, we'll be seeing some stuff like that :)

Insects?

Wow, somehow I don't actually believe him, but I guess we'll wait and see.

damn, i wish the beta map was aztec :(. aztec is awesome but dust gets annoying

DrunkPanda said:
damn, i wish the beta map was aztec :(. aztec is awesome but dust gets annoying

yeah, when i started playing CS for the first time, i couldn't stop playing on dust, but a few weeks later, i was addicted to dust2 and aztec, dust is so annoying now, but why complain, i think even dust will be fun with Source!!!! lol

/me sheds a tear for the now-defunct cs_thunder

Homie said:
hwo many mb will it take to download onto steam for each of us to play. Also if they had alll maps it would take forever to download it

It's supposed to be around 300Mb

heh we all know Dust2 is the family fav, while Dust is the runt of the litter.

oh well

Back