Brawl Model Contest

BlueWolf72

Tank
Reaction score
Create a character model for Brawl Mod and WIN!

1st place: $100, a place on the team as a mod tester, and your character model included in the mod
2nd and 3rd place: Copy of Half-life 2: Aftermath© (when released), a place on the team as a mod tester, and your character model included in the mod

Submit your models to [email protected]
All submissions must arrive before November 1st, 2005

Rules
1. Models must be chosen from the list of Brawl characters.
2. Models must be between 3000 and 5000 polys.
3. Each must have a maximum of one 512x512 pixel skin for the face and mouth, and one 512x512 pixel skin for the body, and both must be submitted in .vtf or .tga formats.
4. Models must be created for use with facial animations. The facial .vta files do not need to be created (though it is HIGHLY encouraged, and will add points to your submission). Each model must include a face that is geometrically suitable and enough polys for facial gestures, mouth animations, and closing eyelids (also textured teeth and).
5. Models must fit to the proportions of either the male or female biped skeletons, download them here. However, compiling your models and textures into HL2 format is not necessary, but it is HIGHLY encouraged, and will help submissions further gain points over others that are not compiled.
6. Must be your own work, or if teamed up with someone, have permission to use thier work.

Animation
The Brawl team has spent hours making an animation system for the mod. We have the biped skeleton models for you to download and rig to your character model. Use your imagination and make the best "Son-Of-A-Bitch Fighter" you can.

me canada boy like u american monies :naughty: :naughty:

BlueWolf72 said:
2. Models must be between 3000 and 5000 polys..

the polys of my models don't fall within that criteria. Is it possible to reduce the number of polys without having to start all over again?

just selectively remove edges and vertices until you get within the count,, or yeah you could do a normal map, but that would require doing a whole other model anyways

Bluewolf72,

Even though this is a great idea, wouldn't it be best to keep the actual modelers that win ON the team?

You're doing this simply to get more work in for your mod - obviously.
But if you are doing this why waste the talent when they can continue to work for you? I'm not saying it's a bad idea mate, just... you should look into using this competition to roll in more members.

Anyway, goodluck to all of you :D

cause most people may not be able to join a mod so that is the last thing ill worry about. Dont get me wrong if they win and want to stick around Im all happy!

kngHenry

the model that you mentioned you made that is too high-poly to fit the criteria, is it of one of the characters in our character list?

We decided to keep it under 5000 to make sure the speed of the game is more stable, so its a pretty strict rule, but you can definately do what Shinobi mentioned and take out some polys selectively.

Blue is right on, we will offer positions on the team as modelers to those who submit placing entries but I thought it a bit cheezy to add "a place on the team as a modeler" to the list of prizes.

Thanks for your feedback, keep it comin'

probally only one person will submit a model that fits the criteria, will they win just 1st place or 1st 2nd and 3rd place.

thats a quadruple post! i got banned for a triple. thats a quadruple!

Back