Broken Arrow Website & Media

Gothax?

Reaction score
Broken Arrow, another Half-Life 2 Modifcation based on the hard times of Vietnam, has released a media update containing brand new images of the russian-made AK-47 Assault Rifle, available to North Vietnamese Assault Troops. Along with the media update, the team behind Broken Arrow has also released a public version of their Design Document, which can be viewed with the Adobe Acrobat Reader here.[br]

[br]In other news, Broken Arrow is proud to present their newly formed website packed with plenty of information. You can visit the website by pointing your browser to their homepage.

Is it really worth making your own AK anymore? There are dozens of user-created models that look exactly the same

That's a fairly brief design doc :| Aren't those things supposed to be hundreds of pages, describing everything little thing in full detail?

bigdeezy23 said:
Is it really worth making your own AK anymore? There are dozens of user-created models that look exactly the same

Yeah but you have to track down who made it and ask for their permission or else they'll show up out of the blue when you thought they had dropped dead and they'll damage your mod's credibility by saying you're a thief for using a publicly released model. Thats a long sentance haha

Anyways it looks alright, the sights need work, I'd take a picture of mine but I don't have it no more :( Check out http://www.k-var.com and look at the sights, they have a nice upclose shot of them, might help

Edit: I'm not too busy, so I went to k-var for you

http://www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=216&1=251&3=342
Thats the rear sight block, thats what the actual sight rests on, you pinch the sides of this cylindrical thing on the sight and slide it forward to adjust, that cylindar rides up that curved rampish thing on the rear sight block
http://www.k-var.com/product.asp?0=216&1=252&3=346
thats the actual part that moves and has the locking cylindrical thing on it, see it?

Hope that helps!

Unfortunatly I have to agree, I expect to see a little more meat to these updates, but, if theres anything we should learn from this update its that they need some help. If anyone out there is into making a vietnam modification or just donating models, maybe look into doing so for them? But don't get me wrong, I wouldn't jump onto the "helping them" bandwagon just yet, I'd need to see that their capable of doing more.

Hello, I'm Monk from the BA team; I thought I should come here and justify the update. The chunk of our work over the last month or so has been the documentational side and creating the website. Now we have that finished, we wanted to get properly out into the mod scene. I included the AK47 renders just to prove we aren't a team who can make websites and do no modding work at all; we have a talented team but we still need help (which new mod doesn't?). But anyway it's done now and we've got a better update in the works and we'll have some more media soon :)

Oh and by the way, the team design document should contain every little detail, (ours runs way past 50 pages), but we realised the public design document to give the public a better insight into the mod without releasing every detail ;)

[BA]Monk said:
I included the AK47 renders just to prove we aren't a team who can make websites and do no modding work at all;

No, you've just proven you can do what ever other mod does. Show off another real world, unskinned weapon render. You'll forgive me if i don't jump for joy. You could've waited a bit for this better update in the works.

BTW, i wish people would freaking stop positioning their viewweapons over into the most far right corner, in some lame attempt to show off their weapon model. It's getting old. Learn how to hold a weapon!

Back