Buckle down...look at the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinRa

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Hope this doesn't get locked.

Ok, yes, they seem to think there is a hacker involved. Now we have to look @ all possibilities at hand. Here they are:

1. Valve really is going gold Monday, I don't think Gabe is THAT stupid that he actually would make his password gaben, anyone would try that.

2. Valve has asked hl2fallout.com staff to play along with this.

3. That second post about how gabe shouldnt have made his password gaben could just be gabe messing with us.

4. We still haven't solved the second test, answers COULD be in there.

5.Valve wanted to go gold @ the end of the month anyway, and Monday is august 30th.

6. Valve still hasn't confirmed anything, and after 24 hours you'd think someone would have said something by now.

Keep all this in mind before jumping to its 100% fake.

Very well could be. I mean if anyone remembers back to the wait of Half-Life, he pulled some pretty crazy stunts.

guinny said:
Very well could be. I mean if anyone remembers back to the wait of Half-Life, he pulled some pretty crazy stunts.

Hmm, examples? Sounds interesting. :)

If I do remember 6 years ago, they did this exact thing where they released it JUST almost a year from the original date before it was delayed.

Yes, it's impossible that he's so stupid to have a password that is Gaben. Maybe he is messing with us sfter all. LOL, I think it's more possible that it's true after his second post.

I don't think Gabe is THAT stupid that he actually would make his password gaben, anyone would try that.
well... looks like "gaben" was really his password

Oh, Gabe...

Idk. I remember the gold date was believed to be fake at first but then it was real. I dont think it was in the form of a message board, but on the official valve site. Idk something like that lol. It just seems very similar to 6 years ago.

I think at this point because it seems everything that could have happened has, any new ideas are purely speculation...enough to drive you nuts :rolling:

.....Or you could look at the better fact that valve have now commented and said it was fake, just an idea..

Its entirely possible the original poster changed the password to gaben to make him look stupid...or to make it appear that the original poster didn't use anything illegal to open the account.

The Mistress said:
.....Or you could look at the better fact that valve have now commented and said it was fake, just an idea..
Where? Didn't see anything here or on CSN.

isn't Gabe enjoying the weekend at the moment? I don't know what time it is in Seattle, but I don't think Gabe would be posting on forums in his spare time :p

guinny said:
Hope this doesn't get locked.

Ok, yes, they seem to think there is a hacker involved. Now we have to look @ all possibilities at hand. Here they are:

1. Valve really is going gold Monday, I don't think Gabe is THAT stupid that he actually would make his password gaben, anyone would try that.

2. Valve has asked hl2fallout.com staff to play along with this.

3. That second post about how gabe shouldnt have made his password gaben could just be gabe messing with us.

4. We still haven't solved the second test, answers COULD be in there.

5.Valve wanted to go gold @ the end of the month anyway, and Monday is august 30th.

6. Valve still hasn't confirmed anything, and after 24 hours you'd think someone would have said something by now.

Keep all this in mind before jumping to its 100% fake.

Nice post, we should take this into account, i mean valve have lots of tricks up their sleeves....

un0x said:
isn't Gabe enjoying the weekend at the moment? I don't know what time it is in Seattle, but I don't think Gabe would be posting on forums in his spare time :p
I don't think Gabe has any spare time at this point in his career.

People here really need to face the facts. Someone managed to get Gabe's easily guessed password, and posted a fake gold announcement to get on everyone's nerves. It's a simple as that.

thefiznut said:
Guinny, it'd be funny if you're right.

That would make an evolution in the gaming industry-customer relationship :)

As triggerhappy said, a valve employee has announced it being fake. Give it up, do you really think they'd really piss this many people off as a joke?

Man I hope guinny is right - HL2fallout guys and Gabe planning to trick us, and in the end it is true that monday is the gold date.

However, it's highly unlikely.

If Gabe is f'n with us, I would actually gain sooo much more respect for him! Perhaps it's revenge in his own way to the harsh forum posts...he's possibly beating us at our own game?

Nah it's fake, get over it guys. But look on the bright side, the game has to be near since the preload phase has started.

hrmmm ... yeah ... i think its fake ... but if its not ... gabe rules for gettin his revenge on us ... i mean no one is THAT patient as to take every insult and insulting .JPG and put it in their pocket ... maybe gabes saying ... " **** YA'LL!!!" :thumbs: :thumbs: ... but I doubt it ...

it IS fake, it's 100 % fake.

Some valve dude said it on the steampowered-forums

well, that would be part of the plan, but I doubt it's true.

Anway imagine if the game goes gold on monday, the irony would kill me...

Jesus you guys, I tried the password "gaben" on these forums last week. and guess what, IT WORKED.

So I send him an e-mail to tell him to change it, just in case something like this ever happened.

bah this is all pointless, lets just wait and see, .. yes specualting is something to do, but its tiring and often sucks the fun out of this wait.

be pesimistic by all means though. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back