Bug fixes : Transparent Countdown

InvaderScooge

Reaction score
I fixed the two annoying bugs I found this morning. Sorry no option to change the timezone it uses to count down. Too much work for a feature I don't need. Sorry, I leave in Redmond 5 miles from Valve so I don't need the feature. Hopefully this will be my last post of this thing. Only 17 days left!

7hoR, I got your private message but I can't respond for a few more days. You have to be a registered user for more then 5 days to send private messages.

Features:
Right click to bring up menu.
Drag to move window.
Choose from three different sizes.
Choose the font color.
Choose the opacity of the window (see what is underneath)
Choose the text it displays for the game.
Choose the text it displays for the phrase at the bottom
Choose what text it will show when the timer hits zero
Choose what the release date is.

All settings are saved to the registry.

Once again you need the .NET framework 1.1 from Microsoft.

Attachments

• SampleShoots.JPG
    SampleShoots.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 338
L337_Assasain said:
What program do i open it with?
Err... You CLICK on it..

And if it doesn't work, try reading the BOLD RED TEXT.

Oh, and you got the hours wrong..

All these countdowns are incorrect...

As of 5:00 PM Easter time, there are 11 hours left 'til HL2 is released.

-Pacific time is what it is determined by, and you have to take Daylight Savings Time into consideration.

vegeta897 said:
Err... You CLICK on it..

And if it doesn't work, try reading the BOLD RED TEXT.

Oh, and you got the hours wrong..

All these countdowns are incorrect...

As of 5:00 PM Easter time, there are 11 hours left 'til HL2 is released.

-Pacific time is what it is determined by, and you have to take Daylight Savings Time into consideration.

The bolded red does hint at a possible solution to your problems.

As far as the hours are concerned it goes off of the current time on your box which is only 10 hours away up until the time the clocks roll back. When that happens you will have an hour added onto the timer. It doesn't count the hour yet because it is not daylight savings time yet. Should it take it into account? Maybe. Does anyone care? Probably a few people but I am not one of them.

Nice new options. I'll be looking forward to your reply to my PM or if you can give me your AIM/MSN somehow.

7hoR said:
Nice new options. I'll be looking forward to your reply to my PM or if you can give me your AIM/MSN somehow.

I don't use chat programs ever. They interrupt my work too much (as if this site and that counter always running has me at optimum work efficiency) and at home I am either not on the computer or in a full screen game and I don't want to be bothered. I will PM you next week when this site deems me worthy.

is there a way I can make it show only on teh desktop, and not on top of everything?

MoD said:
is there a way I can make it show only on teh desktop, and not on top of everything?

You can right click on it and uncheck topmost. That way other windows can go on top of it. You can use the Alt-Tab key combination to bring the window back in focus. It is called HL2 in the alt tab window and has a blank window icon. I forgot to to add the HL2 icon to the form.

Back