Building Computer

Reaction score
Here's the specs of the computer I'll be building in a couple weeks, just want to make sure everything will work well with each other. Let me know if I should get anything different for maximum compatibility.

CD/DVD burner
Benq DW1620 16x +/- Dual Layer DVDRW Drive

CPU
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2GHz Socket 939

Motherboard
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI w/ Dual-Ch DDR400, Dual Gb LAN, SATA 3Gb/s, Dual RAID, 8-Ch Audio, Dual PCI-E

Hard drive
Maxtor SATA 200GB 7200RPM 8MB Buffer

Soundcard
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum

RAM
Kingston ValueRAM PC3200 DDR400 512MB 184-pin DIMM (KVR400X64C3A/512)(x2)

Video card
ATI Radeon X800XL

Also, anyone know when Microsoft is releasing the Windows that supports 64bit processing? I know it's this month (at least that's what I read in the paper this morning), but I need a specific date. A google search will probably clear it up, but I figured I might as well ask.
Thanks!

Looks good, and have fun building it.

(Make sure you have adaquate cooling and static protection)

be sure to get the winchester version. And i think 64 bit is already out or maybe it's coming out this week.

That looks pretty good! Your video card is pretty good, I have seen benchmarking results for it and it is pretty equal with teh 6800GT and it is alot cheaper!

duffers20 said:
That looks pretty good! Your video card is pretty good, I have seen benchmarking results for it and it is pretty equal with teh 6800GT and it is alot cheaper!
Yeah I actually got that yesterday and tried running it on my current system and it's amazing. I completely maxed out everything in css and hl2 and it runs smoother than my Radeon 9800 Pro 128 at medium settings

Back