Buy Dr Pepper = Free DLC

Ravioli

Microboner
Reaction score
http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/news_feature_comments/b49146/20178138/p1

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. & PLANO, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) and Dr Pepper today launched an innovative brand marketing program delivering custom built interactive entertainment to Dr Pepper fans. Beginning this week, consumers who buy 20-ounce bottles of Dr Pepper can also download new, exclusive content in EA games like virtual clothes for their Sims or body parts for their Spore? creatures. Gaming fans will receive access to these exclusive add-ons for select EA titles throughout 2010 with codes* found on more than 500 million Dr Pepper bottles and fountain cups.

How it Works:

1. Purchase a participating bottle of Dr Pepper.

2. Find an exclusive redemption code under the bottle cap.

3. Go to: http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea to redeem the code and select from a wide range of game enhancements for Battlefield Heroes?, Battlefield: Bad Company? 2, Mass Effect? 2, Spore? and The Sims? 3 and others to be announced throughout the year.

Other examples of exclusive downloadable content include the following:

* In Spore, a dozen Cyborg-themed body parts ? such as eyes, heads and arms ? can be redeemed and used in the Spore Creature Creator. These parts allow players to mix robot and organic creature body parts to design their own Cyborg creatures. The exclusive Cyborg parts will be usable by all owners of the Spore PC game and anyone who downloads the free Spore Creature Creator Trial Edition from the Spore.com website.
* In Mass Effect 2 (shipping January 26th for the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system, PC), a shooter RPG from EA?s award-winning BioWare? division, there are three unique pieces of armor: two helmets and a visor. The game was recently named by The New York Times as one of 2010?s most anticipated games.
* In Battlefield Heroes, there are four sets of unique character clothing, and consumers get a pair of outfits per download, one for each side.
* In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 four kit upgrades allow you to become a unique Special Activities soldier, with new camouflage and a modified weapon.
Kit upgrades also contain new awards and an additional achievement.

I would endorse this if it was Coca Cola, but Dr Pepper tastes like anus, so i say BOOOOO!! :frown:

What the hell is wrong with you Ravioli? Dr. Pepper is my favorite soda. Besides, no one is making you drink it.

Dr Pepper is better than cocka cola. But pibb is better than Dr Pepper. Or is it?

What the hell is wrong with you Ravioli? Dr. Pepper is my favorite soda. Besides, no one is making you drink it.

Its too sweet, the aftertaste is so bad it makes my face permanently disfigured.

Sweet? Aftertaste? Are you talking about that extra tingle/burn Dr. Pepper has?

I dont know what it is, but whatever it is, i dont like it. I remain loyal to my corporate overlord Coca Cola. Shit is so good, id suck a dick.

Holy shit, I can get fatty soft drinks AND video game DLC?

It's like EA WANTS me to get fat!

I love me so Dr Pepper but new Favorite is Vanilla Coke and Capt Morgans

Diet Dr Pepper is my ambrosia. I'm probably addicted, but I don't care!

Dr Pepper = Cherry Coke

You're all fags.

Nowhere in the ingredients list for Dr Pepper does it have any sort of cherry flavoring. If it did, why the hell would they make:

image_drpeppercherry_calendar1.jpg

Dr Pepper is simply a higher quality cola.

* In Battlefield: Bad Company 2 four kit upgrades allow you to become a unique Special Activities soldier, with new camouflage and a modified weapon. Kit upgrades also contain new awards and an additional achievement.

Let me guess this is US only right? This is why I ****ING HATE DLC!!!!! :flame::flame::flame:

ARE YOU KIDDING!?!? Coke tastes like Drain-O, burns on its way down, and leaves your mouth feeling like a dry sponge.

Dr. Pepper is sweet, tasty, and if there is an aftertaste I don't notice it. It is the king of Soda... simple as that.

Also the citric acid in Coke mixes with the preservative and produces a chemical that is VERY bad for you.

I don't drink coke / cola or any of that crap anymore. If I wanted to drink chemicals that are bad for me and burn my throat I'd just piss in a glass and drink that.

This is after drinking coke every day for 5 years. No more, geez our teeth go yellow enough here thanks to the tea. We don't need an extra browning agent. BUT I MUST HAVE BC2 UNLOCKS D:

ORANGE SODA IS BETTER THAN ALL OTHER SODAS COMBINED.

Also, I like a good glass of diet cherry 7-up.

I really don't enjoy ANY other soda besides Mountain Dew.

Dunno why. I can drink Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, etc...just won't enjoy it as much.

I would endorse this if it was Coca Cola, but Dr Pepper tastes like anus

I love Dr. Pepper.

But I think it's because we can't get in Australia without paying $3 per can it's more of a novelty than anything.

I couldn't drink it the way I drink coke.

PS. How do you know what Anus tastes like?

DLC codes are reusable and are available on any forum online.

Thought the hip kids who don't drink soda would like to know.

Seriously, how can you people drink any of that crap?

You do realize that high fructose corn syrup has been linked to serious health issues?
From obesity to diabetes to stuff like pancreatic cancer. You know, the non-curable kind of cancer.
You won't find actual sugar in any of them anymore.

All i know is that i lost several pounds and my heartburn issues completely disappeared once i stopped drinking that crap.

And now your life is an empty shell full of despair and longing for something better. Didn't you hear? Dr. P brings happiness and fulfillment to our lives!

Also, Dr. Pepper tastes better than water. Go drink your lame ass liquids elsewhere, we here plan to die in spasms of deliciousness.

Also, I know this is blasphemy, but I prefer the diet flavors of most drinks over the regular kind. Especially colas. Mountain dew and root beer are good either way though. I just like the toned down taste, more drinkable too.

Also, I know this is blasphemy, but I prefer the diet flavors of most drinks over the regular kind. Especially colas. Mountain dew and root beer are good either way though. I just like the toned down taste, more drinkable too.

Hey, it's alright, it's got none of that HFCS cancer that Negative Nancy Twwix pointed out.
Also, you may not know this, but Diet Dr. Pepper tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

I have been pointing that out to people that ever since that commercial aired around the year 2000.

It's chill, diet coke tastes way better to me than regular.

Removing content from a full-priced game to sell it later is really lame, why does such an great game have to be in EA's hands?

EDIT: talking about BC2

I don't drink either... if I'm going to be unhealthy, it's going to be something like icecream.

But I agree, Dr Pepper tastes nasty.

Its too sweet, the aftertaste is so bad it makes my face permanently disfigured.

But your face looked like that before you drank Dr. Pepper.. :p

I really like the Dr.

-MRG

Back