Buying a rig to support 8800, phase 1 almost complete

DEATH eVADER

Space Core
Reaction score
So Phase 1 is almost at an end. This phase consisted of getting the following:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Socket 775 2.13GHz

Gigabyte S775 Intel 965P ATX GLan HD 8Ch Audio ATX S/Pipe

Crucial 1GB 240Pin DIMM PC2-4300 Non-ECC Unbuffered

DabsValue NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE 256MB DDR2 PCI-E DVI (testing puposes, first time I am getting a PCI-E enabled mobo, my frined can buy it off me after (Swindle him into buying it ;) ))

Next month, I'll have enough money to get

Crucial 1GB 240Pin DIMM PC2-4300 Non-ECC Unbuffered

XFX GeForce 8800GTX 768MB DDR3 PCIE Dual DVI TVo

But before I do, I might need to buy a new PSU with the two sli power connectors. I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions?

You'll probably want to pick one from THIS list.

edit: assuming you'll want to keep the option of having two 8800's in SLi

Sounds superb mate, what HDD's are you going for? or already have?

I'll be using my current 120GB HDD at the moment.

When I buy Vista (a few months down the line) I'll be getting a "Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 500GB S300" to install onto.

I won't be using SLi, its just I heard a single 8800 unit requires two power connector inputs.

I guess this means that there will be benchmark results at the beginning of February to share on this forum

Unfortunately the mobos sporting the 680I chipset is out of my range on what I was expecting to pay. Unless you could link me to a particular site that sells them at a reasonable price, I won't be purchasing one.

its ok, i heard the 680i chipset was kind of buggy at the moment....

its ok, i heard the 680i chipset was kind of buggy at the moment....

Some still are, but i know that the EVGA board has a BIOS update solving most of the known / widespread issues. I would assume that other board manufacturers are working on similar updates....

Back