c0ax's CS:S script

coax

Spy
Reaction score
  • Complete BuyScript for all weapons and items in the game. Also included are Combo aliases so you can easily buy your Colt, grenades and ammo all in one key press.
  • Bind keys in the Options > Keyboard menu. (No manual config file editing needed!)
  • Custom user.scr where you can adjust fps, net_graph on/off and netgraph position, among other things right in the menu.
  • Weapon name fix for the VGUI. All weapons have been renamed to their original 1.5 names (and real life names), Colt M4A1, AK-47, etc.
  • Custom background for your start menu screen. Right now it's of a hot chick, but you can change it to anything you want, just drop me a line.
  • Weapons you buy are echo'd in the top left of the screen.

Known issues:
developer 1 is not stopped when buying weapons.
Error "Unknown command " developer 0 " in console on startup.

Both of these are necessary so far for making this work, just ignore them anyway ;)

Download link:
http://home.online.no/~ovassend/c0ax_script_v13.zip

Screenshot:
http://home.online.no/~ovassend/c0axscreen.jpg

Why would you make a buyscript? Any skilled player can buy twice as fast without them.

haha chaops.. twice as fast is probably pushing it.
I press one key and i got it all.

and it's not for speed, it's for comfort, going through all those menus every damn round is a pain.

also this script is not just about the buyscript, it's basically based on the cpl gui so everything can be done without entering the console.
also, you have no idea how long i worked to find kb_act.lst and other things. basically i wanted a script to enhance your experience and make some day to day tasks easier, but also not be overbloated with all sorts of useless scripts like toggle crouch or crouch jump.

para: you like it dont you :D

Chaops said:
Why would you make a buyscript? Any skilled player can buy twice as fast without them.

Actually, lots of 'skilled' players don't use the buyscripts as they are not completely in control, not for speed.

coax said:
  • Custom user.scr where you can adjust fps, net_graph on/off and netgraph position, among other things right in the menu.
  • Weapon name fix for the VGUI. All weapons have been renamed to their original 1.5 names (and real life names), Colt M4A1, AK-47, etc.
  • Weapons you buy are echo'd in the top left of the screen.

Those 3 things sounds cool to me. When I get CS:S (retail with HL2) I will have to check out your script :cool:

coax said:
like toggle crouch

you can toggle crouch?!
I would much prefer that, as my crouch is shift and it hurts the shit outta my pinky pressing it after a while.

CB | Para said:
Nice work by the way Coax :thumbs:

And yeah you can toggle crouch.. With a small script.
The original concept for this script was to emulate the cpl gui, with nothing extra. However I might add some custom scripts after awhile. Maybe when the commandmenu is out.

coax said:
  • Custom background for your start menu screen. Right now it's of a hot chick, but you can change it to anything you want, just drop me a line.

• Hey great script, thanks for your work. Could you please do one with a CS related background? Even just default will do. Thanks again.

Ady: If you want the default background just find this folder:
SteamApps\[email protected]\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\console\

and delete background01.vtf

I will make a script themed CS background tomorrow, too late for it now, until then the default will have to do.

I would really like a primary/secondary weapon toggle, if anyone reckons they can figure it out. I've used one from 1.3 onward and really miss it :(

Figured it out with bicka's toggle thing from another post:

alias switch "slotone; bind mouse2 switchoff"
alias switchoff "slottwo; bind mouse2 switch"
bind "mouse2" "switch"

coax said:
Ady: If you want the default background just find this folder:
SteamApps\[email protected]\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\console\

and delete background01.vtf

I will make a script themed CS background tomorrow, too late for it now, until then the default will have to do.

Thanks mate. :)

Sorry, but there lots of mistakes in your script, it seems that most of buy commands doesn't work at all, next time when you want to share with your goods be sure you made it good.

Giedrius said:
Sorry, but there lots of mistakes in your script, it seems that most of buy commands doesn't work at all, next time when you want to share with your goods be sure you made it good.

I'm using it myself and everything works here.
I realized I forgot to mention that CS:S deletes your config.cfg file everytime you restart it, meaning your binds don't bind.

The only fix for this seems to be to either find keys that are not taken, or override the binds in autoexec.cfg.

F2 is bindable, but F1 is not, for example.
I'm quite upset with valve for making everything so difficult.

nice script... al i a missing is a fast prim/sec switch under one keys!

Back