Cable finally... whoo!

Yuri

Tank
Reaction score
Hey, guys, its 3:14 AM over here but im still enjoying the BRAND NEW CABLE that was just run and set up to my house! YAY! It is on my laptop with a wireless jack. I'm so happy. I couldn't get cable because I live in the middle of no where, but my parents finally decided to get it. So now I can't complain about 56k anymore... YAY!

Shut up, its 3:15 A.M. :thumbs:

Yay! Congrats! Welcome to the world of broadband! :thumbs:

Pages are... popping up... so quickly... so confused...

I downloaded Sven Co-op, then I'm gonna get Firearms, then Natural Selection. They Hunger! And find those HL2 videos that I could never see before... and then.. and then... YAY!

:thumbs: Welcome to the club, you'll be craving for more speed after a couple months.

It's true.. I used to be satisfied, but lately, I've been craving more than 3mbit/sec :(

shuzer hates you agent :( sorry

he wants the swedish

grats on the broadband, I remember my first second third fourth transitions from 56k

i think we all want the swedish... .. ... what are we talking about?

I have cable, and I am hallucinating. Sleep deprevation is used as torture, you know.

wooohooo! I seriously almost shat myslef when I finally got cable net :D three cheers for broadband!

ive had cable/broadband for like 13 months now, not paid a penny, totally free! :)

Congratz! I only have 0.5 Mbit which is the lowest form of Broadband here in Sweden. Stupid laws :( But I'll be getting 8 Mbit shortly (this Summer hopefully) so I don't care :D

Your life begins today!

Seriously....56 K now-a-days limits you to web surfing, even then it can be hell.

MUST...GET...CABLE! SCREW SERVERS THAT KICK YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE A HIGH PING! THEY'RE PREJUDICE AGAINST 56K! :devil: :devil: :devil: Seriously though, im sick of getting on a server and hearing some moron say "OMG WTF N00B URE LAGGIN US GET OFF TEH SERVER!" 56k does NOT lag servers jackasses!

i been having broadband since 98..now im on 2mbit..and when i get back from the army i will get 100mbit..i cant belive people are still on modems.. :D

Hmm where in Sweden can you get 100Mbit? AFAIK, BBB is the highest with 10? Unless you count VDSL which is around 30Mbit (right in the phoneline!).

I wanna know when NTL will be implementing the as promised increase from 1mb to 1.5mb free of charge

I just got dsl woot! It costs the same as dialup woot!! I have 3mbps woot!!!

Hey does anyone know/heard anything about BPL? I can't get cable where I live, freaking sucks... Oh well congrats man!

I upped my connection to 8Mbit, i was happy... thought i was faster than the others... then, 4 days later... i see a news thingy about Telia offering 8Mbit to everyone in sweden (via ADSL)... suck :/ I want to be special!

Alec_85: You can get 100mbit from BBB if you want to pay like 80 bucks/month... better with 10mbit then imho (well... not if you have the money :D)

80$ ain't that much. Still costs around 3000$ (plus monthly fee of course) to get 10Mbit from BBB here. There's a lot of digging to be done. I think VDSL is a better choice.

I'm downloading the thief3 demo and the kedi academy demo.... for no reason other than I can! yarharharharhar damn dialuppers!

Majestic XII said:
I upped my connection to 8Mbit, i was happy... thought i was faster than the others... then, 4 days later... i see a news thingy about Telia offering 8Mbit to everyone in sweden (via ADSL)... suck :/ I want to be special!

Alec_85: You can get 100mbit from BBB if you want to pay like 80 bucks/month... better with 10mbit then imho (well... not if you have the money :D)

I (well... my dad) pay 55 euro's for 2560/384.... :(
80 for 100 Mbit seems cheap compared to that.

Damn, $80 for 100Mb/s would be heaven compared to what is available here. I would pay less than twice as much as my current connection but I would get over 33 times the bandwidth I have right now.

BTW, what kind of upstream bandwidth would that come with?

... and who do I have to kill to get it?

i have a 100 megabite connection, i've had one for 2 years now, and i only pay around 40$/month

Sai said:
i have a 100 megabite connection, i've had one for 2 years now, and i only pay around 40$/month
:O Where do you live? where can i get it? DAMN AMERICA FOR BEING SO FAR BEHIND IN BROADBAND!!!

Congrats. I'm on Cable for quite some time, and I love it.

Lethal8472 said:
:O Where do you live? where can i get it? DAMN AMERICA FOR BEING SO FAR BEHIND IN BROADBAND!!!

well, you really wouldn't believe me if i told you but i actually live in oklahoma...that's right the oklahoma in america....i think the only reason why i have such a good connection is b/c not very many people around my area have switched to broadband so my provider doesn't have to cut my connection in half or anything

Bahahaha! I'm so happy, so much to explore that was unreachable to me before...

Sorry to you 56Kers. I know how it is. :) People on servers aren't very nice. :)

OCybrManO said:
Damn, $80 for 100Mb/s would be heaven compared to what is available here. I would pay less than twice as much as my current connection but I would get over 33 times the bandwidth I have right now.

BTW, what kind of upstream bandwidth would that come with?

... and who do I have to kill to get it?

I think its 100/100.

Sai: That's a great price!

The first thing i gonna look into when im buying an apartment/house is how fast broadband i can get... you cant live without it!

Alec_85 said:
Hmm where in Sweden can you get 100Mbit? AFAIK, BBB is the highest with 10? Unless you count VDSL which is around 30Mbit (right in the phoneline!).

Västerås, Stadsnätet..price? well around $30 a month for 100mbit....i know its amazing :D 10mbit costs $18 a month..

Back