Caliber Update

A

Azlan

Caliber is a "fast paced first person shooter team-oriented mod" that looks to have a lot of potential. They have already began their coding and have videos that show the mod in action. Today, they have released a new video showcasing their hard work.[br]</br>Right click and Save As or Stream it by simply clicking:[br]</br>Low Quality: http://www.calibermod.com/media/Caliber_enginetest2_low.wmv[br]</br>High Quality: http://www.calibermod.com/media/Caliber_enginetest2_high.wmv[br]</br>They have also released four new pieces of media to go along with the video.[br]

[br]To learn more about this exciting mod, click here.

The Lost Coast update Azlan?

Downloading the video right now.

I don't know what it is about those weapons...but they don't look right. I guess they just look liked skinned models...but shouldn't they look like weapons?

I think the weapons look brilliant and really interesting. :>

they actually look nice in the video (though pistol looked awkward) those blue shields in the video are awesome :p , definatly check the video out before you pass judgement

the video was cool
the motion animations were not
looked like unreal style movement floating rather than making contact with the ground
the warfare has huge potential methinks - the blue shield is cliched but looked cool
the weapons don't look great to be honest, i'd prefer plastic, black and smooth design weapons to give a futuristic feel not green and metallic

its looking good, although i dont think the level design apeals to me...

hmmm im downloading now, but the media looks cool... :thumbs: good work

edit:
the video looks cool. I like the blue plasma shield thingies.. but i dont realy like the mapping style... its a good map but the high ceiling isnt my thing... but the playermodels and the weapons look great ! :thumbs:

john3571000 said:
the video was cool
the motion animations were not
looked like unreal style movement floating rather than making contact with the ground
the warfare has huge potential methinks - the blue shield is cliched but looked cool
the weapons don't look great to be honest, i'd prefer plastic, black and smooth design weapons to give a futuristic feel not green and metallic

the blue shield is cliched but damn its cool :p

ya, the weapons looked weird, i thought the motions (especially death) were nice, but when they were shooting it looked really choppy and rigid. the level was pretty as well, im kinda pumped for the mod :)

the video made this jump up to one of my most anticipated mods- i just got the feeling of unreal/tribes/quake- and thats exactly what needs to happen on the hl2 engine.

keep up the good work. the level seemed amazing for the style of play. the only thing i think that bothers me are the SIDES of the weapons- why are they all flat :(

88% done downloading (at a wimpy 90kbps :|)

edit:

watched it, it's good, and it is a bit reminiscent of ut2003.

I love that video. I am amazed by the blue power shield. The mapping is quite impressive.

It does remind of Unreal/Tribes but this game has its own feel.

Impressive work so far.

Cheers,
bbyybb.

The blue shileds were cool. That's about it. The models didn't look to good and the levels looked like Quake levels. Not impressed.

thats awsome, best mod stuff ive seen so far

the levels are awsome, and the high ceilings will be great if you could use that space. maybe super high jumps, or jet packs and platforms.

damn im more hyped bout this mod now then any others

This mod looks better and better every update. Its cool to see a mod this far in development and it looks like a cool concept too. This dog gives it 2 thumbs up.

Wow this mod looks great!

Does anyone know the song in that vid? Name etc?

i like how the, erm....Cohorts....have floating heads, a very cool idea, and they fall off wen they die, that looks amusing. The shields look great too

pretty good

I was personally impressed by the progress of this mod. I like the map a lot and DAMN ITS HUGE. Hopefully we'll be able to get tons of people in there at one time :cheese: .

The weapons look like someone drew a shape, extruded it and said thats your lot. Bit more detail wouldn't have gone amiss.

I don't like the pistol, really, but that rifle looks pretty damn cool.

nice ingames stuff. very cool.

Back