Calimari is yummy

Iced_Eagle

Tank
Reaction score
I'm someone who is pretty much a hater against sea food. However, this year I made a new years resolution to go and try new things, so I decided to have some good ol calamari (fried squid for those not in the know) and man is it delicious!

If you are a fan of onion rings, you will love fried calamari. Obviously less onion tasting, and it's a bit more chewy. Still great though. So if you haven't had some, just go to like Olive Garden and order some!

Any calamari lovers in here?

calamari_004.jpg

Calamari's awesome, especially the one that some thai places do along with a sweet chilli dip. But yeah it's great in Italian too.

Also with Chinese takeaway, one of my favourite dishes, in places that serve it, is fried squid with salt and chilli. It's doesn't come in rings a la calamari but it's fried and is very similar.

I'll have to give it a whirl someday. is it expensive?? Also my new years resolution is stop illegal downloading and so far i'm one month clean. i've been doing it since 1998 and i just had to stop

Calamari is one of the godly foods.

I love calamari.

I tried steamed octopus in spaghetti once. It was odd.

It was freshly cooked. I saw it murdered. And I ate it.

I felt like a terrible person when I enjoyed it. D:

EDIT: Oh god, Jintor's right, I AM a woobie! D:

Also my new years resolution is stop illegal downloading and so far i'm one month clean. i've been doing it since 1998 and i just had to stop

Thank you for sharing that with us.

/pats on head

Anyways calamari is awesome, but I can't help but think if you take anything and deep fry it it will be delicious.

wait...you just tried that now. man, i fell sorry for you :)

yeah they are great, but like most good things they are extremely high in cholesterol, actually i've heard their whole body is made of that. well not that ours isn't (cell membranes to be specific), point is they are not good for health. i forgot how exactly :p

Calamari makes my mouth numb and puffy. So does shrimp, and crab, and oysters, and clams, and prawns, and lobster... and mussels...
...and scallops.

I love ALL seafood. Calamari is brilliant. Octopus is amazing. Swordfish is ****ing EPIC. God damn. I want seafood right now.

I love ALL seafood. Calamari is brilliant. Octopus is amazing. Swordfish is ****ing EPIC. God damn. I want seafood right now.

This. Though I haven't had swordfish.

I'll meet up with you afterwards so we can:

cb035029ep1.jpg

One of those foods that proves you can shove anything in a deep fat friar and have it turn out half way decent.

Buuuut actually that's bullshit because I've had some lovely (non fried) Calamari and enjoyed it as well.

Fried calamari is divine. Raw squid is also delicious.

South Africa has, literally, Calamari Steaks.

Its just a big slab of Calamari, always cooked to 100% perfection either grilled or fried or breaded.

It's...I cant even describe. Its like an orgasm for your taste buds.

[Edit] Alot of people I know hate calamari in any form, but I know thats only because they havent had it cooked properly from fresh and properly seasoned. Its always frozen stuff.

Back