Call Of Duty 4 Coming to Steam

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Activision's action-thriller Call Of Duty 4 is coming to Steam this month. You'll be able to Pre-order your copy starting November 6 and be set to play the moment it is available on November 12.

[br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
As both a U.S Marine and British S.A.S. soldier fighting through an unfolding story full of twists and turns, players use sophisticated technology, superior firepower and coordinated land and air strikes on a battlefield where speed, accuracy and communication are essential to victory. The epic title also delivers an added depth of multiplayer action providing online fans an all-new community of persistence, addictive and customizable gameplay.

Get ready for one of the most intense and cinematic action experience ever.

wow... seems steam is starting to really come into own as a publishing platform with so many top titles now bieng published on it at the same time as they ship the box copies! Go valve!

I've heard some surprisingly good things about COD4, I may get it...

I want it but I don't have enough money for all these games. I'm getting it by another means, but anyways MOH: Airborne was a really fun game but was like 4 levels. Why pay $60 for a short game?

I also would like to get it but I'm already going to be buying crysis which is $50..so COD4 will have to wait a while.

Does the game have a specific shader model requirement? I may have to retire my 9800 Pro soon ;(

* Supported OS: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)

* DirectX Version: Microsoft DirectX 9.0c (included)

* Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz / AMD(R) 64 (TM) 2800+ / Intel? and AMD? 1.8 Ghz Dual Core Processor or better supported

* Memory: 512MB RAM (Windows? XP), 768MB RAM (Vista?)

* Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce 6600 or better or ATI Radeon 9800Pro or better

* Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

* Hard Drive: 8GB of free hard drive space

* Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer connectivity

Thanks a lot for letting me know :) Although it'll look like a vomit and dog turd smoothie, it'll give me something to do!

Thanks a lot for letting me know :) Although it'll look like a vomit and dog turd smoothie, it'll give me something to do!

The demo actually runs pretty decent on my tatty old half-melted 9800 Pro! Even though most settings are on low, it still looks damn nice considering nearly all new shiny games look and play horridly on low settings.

I think I'll pick this one up, if only for the multiplayer.

reviews such as IGN's http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/832/832795p4.html
say that the single player is 5 hours long. It looks like some companies are basically putting out "episodes" but just not calling them episodes. the name "episodes" hasn't seemed to inspire much enthusiasm from joe public. obviously people who want to play everything valve make on the day it comes out such as myself don't have this problem, but i know friends who absolutely loved HL1 and HL2 but just never bothered getting the episodes. if they had called the 2 first episodes HL3 and HL4 I think most of them would have bought them both.

Yeah the single-player is meant to be pretty short for CoD4 but the MP action is meant to be top-notch

I'm sure my computer won't handle it, so I'll install Cod2 instead.

COD 4 is more MP based it seems, but ill still be getting it for sure.

And yeah, the official release date for the UK is this friday (9th), so im surprised the Steam release is the 12th.

Wow, steam lists the price as USD 70 for me! :rolling:

Is this a local thing or does the game actually cost that much in the US too?

Too bad the SP is short, because I really love SP. However, I will get this game ASAP since I have been discontinuing all my other MP-games and need a fresh fix, and CoD 4 looks like it might deliver.

WTF $70?

I thought Steam games are cheaper as theres no box etc? Thats more expensive then buying it in a shop.

The price listed on the steam website is $49.95 USD.

It's on the torrent network. So I may get to play it before you guys lol.

I picked up the collectors edition for the pc just now. Going to put it in soon.

Yeah those prices are insane, i thought it was a typo because they had "&trade" in the title, leaving me to think that they might have set a price with VAT already added, but no :(

They also removed the &trade, so i'm guessing it is how it's supposed to be, well i won't be buying Call of Duty 4 then, i'd rather just get Kane & Lynch.

The price is utterly ridiculous for Europe. Even with the dollar being stupidly weak, once you include tax it quickly becomes uncompetitive.

I get Activision wanting to keep parity with an in-store RRP, but this is ridculous. If they're going to localise prices to regions, they're going to have to do better than this.

Like, set a "target price" for the game, say ?35 in the UK, then adjust the USD price of the game behind the scenes to account for exchange rates and VAT, and do the same thing with other major markets, like the Eurozone.

Was gonna get this, but $70! That's just rude.

Hope your Steam sales are awlful Activision I really do.

Back