Can a High End Card Make those Graphics POP

S

Sinterfire

Can a High End Card Make those Graphics POP :sniper:

I am having a slight problems with seeing definition within textures like a holes in a stone wall. I would like my graphics to really make this game pop. I have a excellent LCD with a pixel refresh of 12ms. I am using the ATI Pro 9800 with 128 MB of RAM but the 3D effects should be better but I always want better. I just think there is room for improvement. The video card is ruining at 75 Hz and I am using all the RAM in the aspect ratio and all in Bios. Now some people see my monitor with the game in action and go wow, but I think something is missing. Could an X800XT or Pro or a nVidia 6800 GT make these graphics really Pop? Can all those pipe lines really make that much of a difference to merit 4 to 6 bills?

Oh yea everything is overclocked I am at 3.8 GHZ 950 MHz FSB and 237 MHz for Ram and the ATI card is clocked as fast it will go. Hay, but don't tell any one, especially Intel I may want to RMA this chip. So close to four but so far away. Yes I do have five pounds of copper and two pounds of dry ice siting on that CPU.

Some say upload a screen shot but it's a pretty big file. I tried but it did not take.

see my profile for system assets :p

yes , I actually had a 9800 pro 128 then got me a X800Pro What a huge difference in performance and visuals too it more than than doubled the 9800 pro i had. Plus on top of it i have a 19" lcd samsong whitch really brings out the games i play visually. Hope it helps.
If i were you get the x800 or 6800 gt ,and if you have the cash just get the XT or Ultra :) . Ohh and also as a reminder if you chhose too upgrade your card you might want too get more ram and have enough proccessor speed. Like 3.0gh and above and 1 gig ram like me.[img=http://img139.exs.cx/img139/5301/cs_office0000.th.jpg]

lol he said his processor is at 3.8 i think he has enough

Oh My GOD

:naughty: I can beleive my eye those are what I am talking about. I'm in the stone age man. That all I needed thanks. I going to NewEgg now!!!!!!!!

BY

Getting a new gfx card won't make that much difference in HL2/CS:S with your specs - other than allowing you some free AA/AF.

I learnt the hard way - 300 quid to play with the same settings, but with 6*aa and 16*af. Doesn't seem worth it :/

(Doom 3, on the other hand, now flys :))

Did you see the detail in those grafics

I can not get that with my system with that 9800 Pro it must be the double up pipe lines or something. What is a quid we changed to dollars back in 1779. Half dollar and quarter dollar too. We still have bit tho, as in two bits makes a quarter.

hot damn. office has never looked so good. ok, I am now officially excited about n00bin it up w/ CS:S on my soon-to-arrive 6800 GT :E :E :E

I can not get that with my system with that 9800 Pro it must be the double up pipe lines or something. What is a quid we changed to dollars back in 1779. Half dollar and quarter dollar too. We still have bit tho, as in two bits makes a quarter.

A quid is a pound :) (which equals almost 2 dollars)

The reason those pictures look good are because they have plenty of aa and af :) - which is all a new card will give you (the image quality won't be better - extra pipes only makes things faster). It may allow you to run cs:s at a higher res - but you'll be getting less fps than your getting right now with your current setup and settings.

It won't improve your minimum fps.

I'm not trying to put you off getting a new gfx card tho :) - it just won't make as big a difference in cs:s/HL2 as it will in other games which aren't so cpu dependant.

(in my case - getting an x800 xtpe over a 9800 pro made little difference. When my a64 arrives, tho, it's going to fly \o/)

Better too Best?

As I was pondering the purchase of a new card, :rolleyes: I realized my ATI 9800 Pro was also my video capture device, albeit a poor one. If I pulled it I would then shell out for an new capture device on top of the 450 dollars for a 6800 GT and that a lot of cash. Your explanations of pipes was most appreciated and I am going to delay anymore upgrades.

Last night I was reading about PCI Express and the death of AGP. :dozey: PCI Express has the potential of a bandwidth of 8 GBps bi-directional. Our AGP is 2.1 GBps unilaterally. That is impressive to say the least. What this means for all of us is an incredible game play experiences, the likes we have yet to see. As PCI Express becomes more available the prices of AGP should drop, but noting there are a lot of AGP boards out there so the drop will be most likely slow. I expect to see some drooping around March or April of O5.

I expect the games to be so real to life in the near future id est two years or so that the console users will drolling for their PC again. This would be good for us as well, because more investments in the PC market will translate into better technology and there for more realistic gaming. Half Life 2 is just a taste of the future. I believe TV programing will take a back seat to Video Gaming and this is most welcome on my part. Sorry for all the rambling I took 40 mg of Adderal and you know what that does.

Regards to all and have a safe and peaceful holiday,

Rich

Here is a link for some way cool desk top graphics and screen savers, the best I have found in all my ten years playing with computers: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/100best/ :thumbs:

MSN and ADM suck

:flame: I don't like the fact two corporate giants have slipped advertisement into my post. I just want you all to know, I did not do it, nor appreciate it.

Back