Can I use built-in LCD scaling with fixed aspect ratio?

ShadowArmy

Reaction score
I noticed when I played Baldur's Gate on my 17 inch LCD monitor that using my display's Built-in Scaling from Nvidia Control panel makes the screen a lot less blurry/crappy than using Nvidia-Scaling. The only problem is that it doesn't maintain aspect ratio, and there's no option to make it do so. So everything is slightly stretched vertically. Is there a way to use display's built-in scaling but while maintaining aspect ratio? I'm using a geforce 8800GTS w/ 258.96 drivers and a BENQ FP93GX monitor, if that means anything.

Well since you want to use the scaling that your monitor provides, I'm not sure much can be done to change how it works. Perhaps get the latest drivers for it, and hope for some kind of settings you can tweak.

As a side note, I often run old games like that in windowed mode to maintain crisp 1:1 pixel ratio.

well 640x480 in no-scale mode makes the screen too small and uncomfortable to read stuff in, unless I pull the monitor closer to me. But staring that close to a monitor doesn't sound good for the eyes.

Back