Can u belive that HL2 will feature 3 way battles?

would be a good idea, if they could balance out all 3 teams.

Re: Re: Can u belive that HL2 will feature 3 way battles?

Originally posted by Killa_TJ
How do you know this? Where's your source of info?

Its common sence. You make a map, put some Defence forces, Combine Soldiers, and Aliens in it, and there you have it... a 3 way fight.

I dont 'know' this, stop trying to patronise me joo noob.

I hope he's talking about MP. If not then he obviously hasn't played many FPS SP. :p

Re: Re: Re: Can u belive that HL2 will feature 3 way battles?

Originally posted by Smith
I dont 'know' this, stop trying to patronise me joo noob.

I'm not trying to patronize. I thought you were making some sort of official statement. Sorry for the misunderstanding. That would be awesome though.

cant you renember HL1?

it was u and the black mesa team

The soldiers sent in to kill all

And the aliens.

there ya go, 3 teams.

Jesus christ lighten up he never said it was a fact...

all he was asking was

Do you think HL2 will have 3 way battles?

his example of a 3 way battle was

Humans...
Combine...
Aliens...

and now to the topic of this thread...

IT COULD be possible after all Team Fortress Classic (for HL1) had 4 teams... Red, Blue, Green, Yellow...

so i dont see how difficult it would be to do it although i doubt they will include such a multiplayer feature although it would be cool...

(i forsee everyone going alien and being a strider... or a headcrab :) )

TheRook
:bounce:

cant you renember HL1?

it was u and the black mesa team

The soldiers sent in to kill all

And the aliens.

there ya go, 3 teams.

And the black ops sent in to kill everyone too...including the soldiers!

Those female assassins are your enemies in op4.

I'm seeing 4 sides all against eachother in the original set of games!

Heck, AvP2 had 4 deifferent teams. Facehuggers were loads of fun.

lol i forgot about the assasins. I think some of the aliens will be indapendent from others. in other words they'll attacka nything, even other aliens

Originally posted by trantjd
And the black ops sent in to kill everyone too...including the soldiers!

Those female assassins are your enemies in op4.

I'm seeing 4 sides all against eachother in the original set of games!

The black ops weren't end to kill souldiers. In fact the limited times I got to see and kill them I was lone agains them. No soldiers or aliens were close...I guess that was like that for the cpu requirements their AI had.

Gabe said in some mail that you could summon creatures (with console)and watch them fight against others. So you could summon combine, a guerially scientist or whatever you call him and a xenalien. I'm pretty sure they'll fight against each other since vids have shown that AI attacks the enemy that is most dangerous for A.I.

lol i forgot about the assasins. I think some of the aliens will be indapendent from others. in other words they'll attacka nything, even other aliens

the bullsquids in the original were like that :cool: I remember walking into a room or two and seeing them fighting with some houndeyes...or there's a part where one is shooting at headcrabs.

Or Deus Ex which had about 8 different factions that were constantly changing sides....

EDIT: humm 3 posts in the time it took me to type that

Originally posted by Kekojones
The black ops weren't end to kill souldiers. In fact the limited times I got to see and kill them I was lone agains them. No soldiers or aliens were close...I guess that was like that for the cpu requirements their AI had.

I'm trying to remember if I saw the black ops fight other soldiers in HL1, but I can't think of any specific times. But, in Opposing Force, you are one of those soldiers and the black ops are definitely gunning for you!

no m8y, thew combine are the soldiers, i think they may have some alien blood in em, but they are definitely prodominently human/

Originally posted by blackparagon
i thought the combine -were- aliens...

It's another one of the "WHO KNOWS?" things. I think they are a blending of human and alien.

We'll just have to wait 'till 30/9 :)

Originally posted by Kekojones

That's probably because you never managed to save your men, I just played OPFOR again and the second time you encounter black ops you can have up to 3 soldiers with you. And what AI requirements are you talking about? lol stop making stuff up.

er, just so you know, Striders are Combine. Perhaps some alien, modded by the combine? Anyways they have machine guns, and a reality.. bending time/space cannon.

you know, of all the mods following half life to tell the story (opposing force, blue shift) theve done everything except the female asasings (black ops), after all, they were in on it too, and apparently, had orders forma higher being when in black Mesa, i wonder if the black ops tie in with Gman, or even the Administrator...

Originally posted by trantjd
the bullsquids in the original were like that :cool: I remember walking into a room or two and seeing them fighting with some houndeyes...or there's a part where one is shooting at headcrabs.

They'll fight each other too. :eek: In fact, they'll kill anything they see. Or die trying. I don't think they shoot houndeyes though. They also seem to leave barnacles alone. Don't ask me why.

In HL1, there are sections with

Bullsquid vs.
-headcrabs
-soldiers
-bullsquid
-freeman (duh)
-scientists

any others?

Originally posted by Mechagodzilla
They'll fight each other too. :eek: In fact, they'll kill anything they see. Or die trying. I don't think they shoot houndeyes though. They also seem to leave barnacles alone. Don't ask me why.

In HL1, there are sections with

Bullsquid vs.
-headcrabs
-soldiers
-bullsquid
-freeman (duh)
-scientists

any others?

I've definitely seen them go after houndeyes, as I said above...

"Gabe said in some mail that you could summon creatures (with console)and watch them fight against others. So you could summon combine, a guerially scientist or whatever you call him and a xenalien. I'm pretty sure they'll fight against each other since vids have shown that AI attacks the enemy that is most dangerous for A.I."

This is what will lengthen the games lifetime with x10 for me. You have no idea of fun a little spawning command is unless you've played JK2.

Back