can't install half-life2

T

Tigs

Trying to re-install HL2 but get an error message on the 4th cd.

"Error 1334. The file 'hl2.ico1' cannot be installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file "hl2.cab'. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-Rom, or a problem with this package."

I dont see any probs with the cd, drive or network. It was originaly installed on an old steam account. Activated with new steam account before install also but no go. Any ideas?

Make sure when you get it working that you log into the account you originally registered to cd key to first time, as it's binded to that Steam account.

I'm not entirely sure why your CD isn't working, no scratches or anything? I've heard of problems before on a 4th CD which people solved by choosing to install or not install CSS at the same time. Try the alternative of whatever you are doing by 'customing' the install at the start.

"It was originaly installed on an old steam account. Activated with new steam account before install also but no go. Any ideas?"

that doesn't work if its the same cd key.

Thanks Hectic Glenn. I had first chose not to install CSS but after allowing it to install, no problems.

Your both right about using the original steam account though.
I don't remember any of that info, not sure what to try next.
Both accounts have the same e-mail but when I tried "retreive lost account" I just get info on the current account

Arrg "George is getting frustrated"

i think you only get your current because its more recent, the old one isnt getting used anymore, so it doesnt count as an account anymore. you need to use the old account to recover it, but then you could just spoy the stuff from the old one anyway couldnt you? you need to use the account, it also might be deleted

Back