Car: Yugo

ChrisArt

Reaction score
Here is WIP shot of a car im doing

YugoBetaWIP.jpg

Polgon count looks alright so far. The lights have a bit to much uneeded detail though. Apart from that it looks alright.

Yeah, I might not use this as a game model but if its gonna be used im reduceing polycounts in more than one area

2.jpg

Damn, cars. Whole cgtalk.com is filled with cars.. its getting out of hand.

Next model on the list is a Character, I just did this one car

is that car finished? lol

What mod team do u work for anyway?

Looks good to me, needs some optimizing but I 4000 for a vehicle is pretty okay.

is that car finished? lol

What mod team do u work for anyway?

Not finished yet still updateing with tweaks and small details.
Im not working for any mod team at the moment, im just modeling.

hmmmm.... If u are looking I can forward u onto argyl. He is the leader of CO:IN and tbh I think CO:IN are always looking for extra talent. They got the most antisipated mod award and came 2nd on the most likly to sucssed awards on city17. I think they did anyway. I am sort of on trial for them for mapping. Mainly on trial because no one really knows if they will be any good with hammer2. Anyway from what I can see and also your other models. Is that u have some talent. So after all my jabering just search the members on the forums for Argyl. Or just go to #opcoin on gamesnet.

http://opcoin.hl2files.com/
http://opcoin.hl2files.com/forums/

I dunno if theya re even still recruiting. Its just I like to try and help them out. Mainly because they are a good bunch of lads and know what they are doing.

VERY NICE!

you could always "donate" your car models to the Downtown Dispute mod :) we need a couple good modelled cars.
I'd be happy to put it to some good use for you, have your very own pride and joy, hehe. If you'd like to help the mod out more I'd greatly appreciate it.

Unfortunelly the ddmod site is down ATM. but if you'd like to help us out I'd greatly appreciate it. :)
If you'd like to get to know some info about the mod, just PM me or visit our current IRC channel.
irc://irc.gamesnet.net/ddmod

It's a modern city gangwarfare/police mod announced back in June 2003

:cheers:

-Submerge
[email protected]

heheheh, we got a bit of competition going :D

lo Submerge btw (long time no see)

Originally posted by IchI
heheheh, we got a bit of competition going :D

lo Submerge btw (long time no see)
we were just talking in ur other car model thread man :p

man you people are good at following blueprints. the only thing I was able to make off a blue print was a wespe.

Got any tips for me?

lmfao. I spline model all my models. No matter what. I can;t stand box modelling. I hate been inperfect. Well except when I am creating your basic objects (cricles etc...) I am not really a modeller only been using 3dsmax 3-4 mounths. I r teh uber mapper :D

I don't even understand spline modeling, the lines go all wavy and make me shove my keyboard through my monitor!

Well in short spline modeling is like 2 drawing at first, you draw lines after a basic shape you want to create. Its when things are going 3D you start moving lines in another axis then attatching all the lines and make a surface on them. Depending on what you want to make it can turn out real good, personally I hate spline modeling cous I have problems connecting the lines.

I use 2 modeling types
Spline/Box Modeling - Fast and Easy
Poly by Poly Modeling - Slow but better results

Ive personally been modeling for 5 years now in 3D Studio Max, 1 of those years was in a clean 3D Studio Max school where we did nothing else 8 hours a day. I also draw (not so good anymore) and do 2d Graphics in photoshop.

Ive been out of modeling for 2 months and since my computer crash I got a clean start and its fun again. Im not really all there yet but its comming along.

Still got lots of details to put in, but here are some painted preview models.
WIPyugoRED.jpg

WIPyugoBLACK.jpg

Everyone makes sport cars and things that looks great. Well I take a old busted up car and try makeing it look great.

ChrisArt, I mentioned u to Argyl and he said u was making your own mod. GL and HF.

The model looks nice btw.

Back