Careers

Reaction score
So, whatcha gonna do when you're all grown up?

I plan to join the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) sometime around 27-30 (or perhaps sooner if I'm lucky). For your Brits, its kinda like your MI5. For you Canucks...I don't know. The guys with the bigger horses?

I also hope to do some speculative fiction writing on the side. Perhaps I could be the next Vonnegut or Heinlein :p.

Now, youse, do tell your ideas of your future.

Bum.

Idealistically i'd like to be a mime, but i hear that doesnt pay well. So, probably some sort of electrical engineering job.

I hear scientists do some pretty cool shit.

Like wreaking havoc and murdering soldiers with crowbars in cold blood.

Skaadi said:
Internet translators are absolute crap, Babel Fish being the worst
That must be why i always got F's on my spanish essays D:

I'm going to dominate the world. No, really, i'm serious.

That or be a NIS intelligence officer or something that has to do with computers.

Film And Television. Got an interview next week for a TAFE course. TAFE gives me all the hands on skills that the industry needs, and after TAFE i can apply to do the last year of the University degree for the same subject. So in 3 years i'll come out with a Uni Degree, and Advanced Diploma and all the skills needed to get hired for the job.

At first I was thinking about computer programming. Then I realized that career is very very demanding and competetive and would be a lot of hassle. Now I am thinking about being a network administrator since that is one part of computers I know least of.

DeusExMachinia said:
For you Canucks...I don't know. The guys with the bigger horses?

Haha............................................................................

Seriously, I would like to be an astrophysicist.

Good heavens, I'm already here. It never occurred to me that I'd be doing this for a living. All the jobs I've ever had just fell into my lap.

TAFE is tough, Sparta. You got bombarded with work to the left and right of you. Hope you're ready.

DeusExMachinia said:
So, whatcha gonna do when you're all grown up?

I plan to join the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) sometime around 27-30 (or perhaps sooner if I'm lucky). For your Brits, its kinda like your MI5. For you Canucks...I don't know. The guys with the bigger horses?

I also hope to do some speculative fiction writing on the side. Perhaps I could be the next Vonnegut or Heinlein :p.

Now, youse, do tell your ideas of your future.
Ouch. It's the FBI here too. ;)
I'm planning on going into the gaming industry and churning out some proper shit. Don't know how realistic that is for me though, but I don't care, I'm either gonna be the best of the best or I will live on the streets. You know, it's really scary stuff; I'm constantly thinking things like "What if it all goes to hell by the time I get there?" or "Do even have enough talent to consider something like this?".

WaterMelon34 said:
Ouch. It's the FBI here too. ;)
I'm planning on going into the gaming industry and churning out some proper shit. Don't know how realistic that is for me though, but I don't care, I'm either gonna be the best of the best or I will live on the streets. You know, it's really scary stuff; I'm constantly thinking things like "What if it all goes to hell by the time I get there?" or "Do even have enough talent to consider something like this?".

Go with a more stable career. Game career will be very stressful as your always trying to get projects done on time and once your done with a game you have to find another job. Not to mention you have to constantly learn and there is no room for error. It's not nearly as fun as playing the finished game.

Glirk Dient said:
Go with a more stable career. Game career will be very stressful as your always trying to get projects done on time and once your done with a game you have to find another job. Not to mention you have to constantly learn and there is no room for error. It's not nearly as fun as playing the finished game.
Then I will make my own company.

The first person to say architect gets a slap.

I'm a Structural CAD (Computer Aided Drawing) Technician.

\o/

Not just an architecht - The Architect. Ergo, visa-vis, concurrently, irregardless.

Okay, actually I'm probably going to be a journalist or a lawyer (former seems most likely) and also write stuff and do art stuff for extra monies.

Graphics Designer/Web Designer

If I had the chance I would get into the games industry...but they only accept the best there is :(

I don't know anymore, it should involve computers, I worked as a technician, which was really fun, but I want something more exciting.

I really haven't got a clue.

Photographer? I've got some skills but I've never taken any education in it, other than via the intarnets!1

Economist? Dunnu, I could, but do I want too?

Marketing? I'm pretty creative with ideas n stuff, maybe?

Sulkdodds said:
Not just an architecht - The Architect. Ergo, visa-vis, concurrently, irregardless.

Okay, actually I'm probably going to be a journalist or a lawyer (former seems most likely) and also write stuff and do art stuff for extra monies.
I hope you have enough sticktoitiveness to reach your goals! :p

Ikerous said:
So, probably some sort of electrical engineering job.

Good choice! Pays well.

I'm Already grown up and got a job. I'm an Electro-Technical Engineer, basically an electrician with the ability to check and certify the safety of an installation or previous installation. I then give the job a ticket saying "yep, safe and sound"
Thing is, i haven't been employed by an employer for the last month or so. Too lazy. I might consider training to be a chef, i like cooking food.

Build me a robot already!

/me shakes fist at kirovman

I want to be a game designer - focus on game design and level design.

Alternatives are film, psychology, and computer science.

Back