Casting Call Reveals Portal 2 Details?

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
Kotaku got their hands on what may be the first info about Portal 2, supposedly the site "Breakdown Express" a private site for the industry have a casting call from Valve for an actor to play "Cave Johnson" "a self-made billionaire who's learned to trust his gut and doesn't sweat the details, is a big picture thinker." The casting call continues on to describe him.". You can read the casting call below:

[br]<div align="center">
</div>[br]

This casting call suggest that Portal 2 may be a prequel (kinda make sense from story-telling point of view). [br]

Kotaku

Aweshens. It would be cool if it was a prequel. But if Cave Johnson is the sidekick, who is the player?

(and maybe some of Chells background, like how she ended up in Aperture, can be fleshed out also)

More so to the question, what are they going to do other than branch out with more levels of a now overused physics branch.

Maybe some combat with portals? Now that's what I want to see.
Ragdoll's flying around everywhere, creating traps that the people step through causing themselves stationed in a pit :D

Interesting.
I do wonder what Portal 2 will feature, especially since they don't want to do more of the same.

Cave died well before the completion of GLaDOS and the invasion of the combine so assuming no time-skips we won't be seeing either of them. Given the nature of the DoD contracts I can either see some sort of military involvement; whoever "they" are if they are not combine, or something we just haven't thought of yet, perhaps pertaining to the Borealis?

Edit: This truly was a most evil post.

I suppose you're right. and now, let there be Cave Johnson is G-Man theories.

I can't wait to oversee the manufacture of shower curtains!

Bullshit. But continue to speculate wildly anyway, as gamers do.

I'm still skeptical, C Johnston was an easter egg someone could easily have picked up and ran with. Nothing new there, the details around him are easily made up, anyone could have created the advert. Also numerous mistakes in spelling and words missing, something Valve human resources rarely do.

Also, when they advertised for people in the past they used newspapers and the adverts were extremely vague, according to the real people's faces used in Half-life 2, they said 'Have your face in a video game! Call 123-3-4344'

It would be great if I could accept it as real. When Doug confirms it, only then will I eat my words!

I'm still skeptical, C Johnston was an easter egg someone could easily have picked up and ran with. Nothing new there, the details around him are easily made up, anyone could have created the advert. Also numerous mistakes in spelling and words missing, something Valve human resources rarely do.

Also, when they advertised for people in the past they used newspapers and the adverts were extremely vague, according to the real people's faces used in Half-life 2, they said 'Have your face in a video game! Call 123-3-4344'

It would be great if I could accept it as real. When Doug confirms it, only then will I eat my words!

Same here, the idea sounds nice. I'm going to take this as a rumor for now.

If it's true, it's best thing this year! I always loved Cave Johnson, and I knew him only from that notes at Aperturescience.com.

Assuming for a minute that it's real (which it probably isn't!) The role of "Eccentric Dead Billionaire" (emphasis mine) suggests that either this character might be revealed in some kind of recordings.

Alternatively given that he seems to become the 'principal antagonist', perhaps he has projected his personality into some form of machine, becoming a sort of Artificial Intelligence, if you will.

:afro:

Portal 2 will definatley be a sequel except Cave Johnson (although he is dead) will be in it as an AI, maybe he transfered his mind into the Aperture Science system to prolong his life and remove the threat of death.

I'm not sure if it's real but I suppose (and hope) it's. It looks very authentic, for instance "Casting Director: Shana Landsburg", she really did that job for Half-Life 2, also CJ's portrait looks very good, almost like GHWB but who cares.

As could I.

I think if they flesh out the backstory of Chell it should be very, very subtle. At near easter egg levels. Consider how far before Portal 1 this would be, and what a minimal employee Chell. She's not even a fulltime employee!

I also agree this looks kinda fake.

For all you know, she could be a clone. She might not even be an employee!

As could I.

I think if they flesh out the backstory of Chell it should be very, very subtle. At near easter egg levels. Consider how far before Portal 1 this would be, and what a minimal employee Chell. She's not even a fulltime employee!

I also agree this looks kinda fake.

Ask Stigmata. My voice is perfect for voice acting.

My face for regular acting... not so much.

Shamrock is right. He has such an epic voice. It would make the angels themselves jealous

and make them orgasm too.

Hmm....

Well, now that we know it is most likely a hoax, we better start the rumor mill up and running.

I am thinking that we should call this confirmation that Portal 2 will include time travel, because Cave Johnson is dead. Also, we should put an ad up on that website for "the G-Man's superior/Gordon Freeman from the future", and maybe an ad for "That guy who was hiding in the trash dumpster in the beginning of HL1, who fell through a time rift made by the malfunctioning time-traveling portal gun to fight cyborg Alyx from an evil alternate dimension." Then, we just post it on the news here at HalfLife2.net, and everyone will report it as fact!

While we are at it, we can misquote Doug as saying "Half-Life 2: Episode 3 will be out by the middle of July, and Half-Life 3, using a brand-new engine, will be released simultaneously with Left 4 Dead, as well as Wii versions of all Valve games, from HL1 to HL3 & L4D."

Just post that on the main page, and it becomes fact!

What the f*ck are you going on about...

Valve don't intend to make all Valve games for Wii, it is impossible, the Wii simply can't handle the graphics.

Also, when was it said that July was the release date for Episode 3. I don't think so.

And no, Portal 2 will not contain time travel...Cave Johnson is alive inside one of the computer databases.

Well, now that we know it is most likely a hoax, we better start the rumor mill up and running.

While we are at it, we can misquote Doug as saying "Half-Life 2: Episode 3 will be out by the middle of July, and Half-Life 3, using a brand-new engine, will be released simultaneously with Left 4 Dead, as well as Wii versions of all Valve games, from HL1 to HL3 & L4D."

Just post that on the main page, and it becomes fact!

WTF ar u talkin' 'bout?

anywayz PORTAL II YaY

Back