Cat? Wtf

Conkorg

Reaction score
When I got to the Kliner's Lab Barney started about talking a cat, and Alyx said "what cat" i was like wtf is Barney talking about? Then in the War Chapter somewhere at the end of it i think Barney said "Cat? Did you hear that, Cat hunts me". ok.... So whats with all this cat bullshit? There is a Dog (robot alyx's friend) And whose cat? this dosent make sense? What does cat has to do with Barney Black Mesa and Half Life 2? lol.....weird...

Replay the Kliner's lab part... you missed the first part of that dialog... they were talking about testing out the teleporter and some of their unsuccessful early trials.... Barny says something like "don't remind me of what happened to that cat". We're to assume they tested the teleporter on a cat and it ended rather messily. Alyx didn't know about that I guess and was a little upset/angry/whatever that they killed a cat in an experiment.

No it was most smth like "remember that cat you promised to me"

Yea, I got a mental image of the monkey in the remake of The Fly when the teleporter screws up during that conversation...inside-out kitty cat.

Bing_Oh said:
Yea, I got a mental image of the monkey in the remake of The Fly when the teleporter screws up during that conversation...inside-out kitty cat.
Same here, exactly :D

sounds like maybe the cat got teleported and is one of the many hidden easter eggs.. find the cat, you win your freedom!

in c17, the line is "I swear that thing haunts me" not hunts.

its a running joke. its a cat barney and kleiner killed trying to build a teleporter

do i smell a mod? lol, that would be great. play the cat that gets teleported! Haunt barny's memories!

wow did no one notice the cat when they were in the lab?...the thing jumped out and scared barney..then jumped up into the ventilation ducts....thats why he said the cat still haunts him

ryanmw said:
wow did no one notice the cat when they were in the lab?...the thing jumped out and scared barney..then jumped up into the ventilation ducts....thats why he said the cat still haunts him
errrr. you SURE it was a cat? Cause I saw Yetti in Chapter 13..

wow ryan, have u ever played half-life before? or even half-life 2? thats a ****ing headcrab..not a cat...just wow...............thats kinda sad that your on a hl2 forum and donno the dif between a cat and a headcrab. He says it haunts him because obviously the teleport on the cat test subject went bad...and they killed/tortured/teleported to far off place, and it 'haunts' his conscience

Why? said:
do i smell a mod? lol, that would be great. play the cat that gets teleported! Haunt barny's memories!

LOL.

If it's made, it'll have more downloads than Counter-Strike. Actually, you could do something multiplayer with this...one person is Barney and everyone else is a cat. Somebody needs to get to work on this ASAP.

Back