Catalyst 4.10

hmmm..... entire drivers seems to consist of doom 3 performace upgrades.....

OMFG THEY'RE OUT!

/me runs to get them!

Muahahahahahhahahaa

anyone know any program I can use to get rid of my OLD drivers? Thanks a lot.

Catalyst AI is out. Gonna try that bad boy out when I have some time. Always love free performance increases.

Looks like ATI is making bigger strides with its openGL re-write. Should be interesting to compare performance in several months.

goddamniit, tey make me look like an idiot, 2 differnet downloads, crap

The dhmod tool I have to use because I have a mobility doesn't ****in' work with these... wonderful... thanks a million ATI... seriously, what the Hell? Laptops don't deserve to have their drivers upgraded?

I'm just getting the Omega ones made from the 4.10 beta now... :hmph:

umm, the cc wont work, says i need drivers installed, how fix?

:thumbs: Before I download the most anticipated driver release in history, can I download the drivers with control panel to enable AI, or do I need Catalyst Control Center?

Awesome, 4.10 drivers.
Love to see those CSS benchmarks all over again. ;)
Give us some numbers blahblahblah, when you have time of course. ;)

:| From the looks of it, Catalyst AI can only be enabled through Catalyst Control Center. Why can't they freakin' give you ONE little option in Control Panel!??! I love Control Panel, it's simple, plain, and takes less system resources. Control Center you don't even have the option to set AA and AF for OpenGL or D3D separately! Unless you can, tell me then.

Oh yeah, what's Geometry instancing? Should I enable that?

:dozey: Well, I guess ATi's 4.10's didn't match it up to the hype. I read I think on Anand's or Driverheaven's forums that the 4.10's are older than the 8.07 BETA's or something like that. Also, I scored astoundingly higher with the 8.07's as opposed to the 4.10's, a mere 3846 in 3DMark05 w/ 4.10's, to a 4775 in 3DMark05 with 8.07 BETA's. Although I did notice that IQ was better in 4.10's for me as opposed to the 8.07's. If you want performance, get 8.07's, you want IQ, go for 4.10's. Well, I guess I am hyped up for 4.11's now, since 4.10 was such a letdown. Remember this is all from MY experience and MY opionions.

sry for Double posting, but with the release of the control center, what package do i have to download? I already have the control center, but do i have to uninstall it and all to install the drivers? Do i have to DL the version with the Control Center? I'm confused. Casn someone PM me or email me at [email protected] ?

thanks

let's go guys!!! i need ot find out quickly! post post post!!

THe CCC WONT WORK FOR ME, Help, says i need drivers, but i have them

I think my performance went up 1 fps on the CSS Stress Test and about 10 points on 3DMark05.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=820155&page=1&pp=20

Heres a topic if any of you are having troubles with the 4.10's or want to download ccc.

There is beeing mized results.

People have mentioned that 3dmark is getting less points and cs:s stress test is running slower by 8 points.

By stress test i dont know if they mean the half life vst or actuall ingame cs:s gameplay.

Another person has mentioned slower VST buy 1 FPS which isnt a big deal.

So far only two people have noticed increases FPS.

Dont mean to be a drag or anything.

i lost about 1fps on my VST scores at 1280x960 & 1600x1200 @ 4xAA and 8xAF going from 4.9 to 4.10.

edit: blackeye, im the one who said i lost 1fps in that thread :)

blahblahblah said:
Catalyst AI is out. Gonna try that bad boy out when I have some time. Always love free performance increases.

Looks like ATI is making bigger strides with its openGL re-write. Should be interesting to compare performance in several months.

no, just thier doom 3 rewrite... :)

:thumbs: Well, I think the OpenGL got an increase, also IQ overall. If you were using 8.07 Beta's before the official 4.10 release, you'd most likely see no performance increase, maybe IQ. The 8.07 Beta's are actually newer than the 4.10's.

http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=58706&page=2&pp=15

This current build is 8.062. It doesn't have the 256 MB memory fix either. So basically 4.10's are newer than the 4.9's but older than the 8.07 Beta's. So, therefore if you uninstalled 8.07 to get 4.10, you basically downgraded, and if you upgraded to 4.9 to 4.10 you've upgraded.

The 8.07 version will be 4.11 Cats. ;)
They were not 4.10's.

sublidieminal said:
wow, i got 4.10 and my vst score decreased 20 fps... wtf?

What did you have before you had the 4.10?

ailevation said:
:thumbs: Before I download the most anticipated driver release in history, can I download the drivers with control panel to enable AI, or do I need Catalyst Control Center?
Both. Be sure to uninstall the previous version of CCC or you get errors all over the place.

Nice! by the way does anyone have a link to that drivers cleaner soft?

SidewinderX said:
I seriously doubt that.

I have seen some reviews about CAT 4.10 beta and they said it gives upto 41% more fps if you set AI on high

CS:S runs much better on cat 4.10 than on 4.9 in my case. VST went from 92 fps @ 1024x768, 4xAA, 8xAF, High, Reflect World -> 102.6 fps @ 1024x768, 6xAA, 16xAF, High, Reflect All.

My 4.9's was set on "optimal performance", my 4.10's are set on default.

I haven't downloaded the driver containing the Catalyst Control Center because the earlier version used to crash all the time. Is it running more stable now? Do I need CCC to take advantage of the A.I since I can't find it in the ATI Control Panel?

ailevation said:
:dozey: Well, I guess ATi's 4.10's didn't match it up to the hype. I read I think on Anand's or Driverheaven's forums that the 4.10's are older than the 8.07 BETA's or something like that. Also, I scored astoundingly higher with the 8.07's as opposed to the 4.10's, a mere 3846 in 3DMark05 w/ 4.10's, to a 4775 in 3DMark05 with 8.07 BETA's. Although I did notice that IQ was better in 4.10's for me as opposed to the 8.07's. If you want performance, get 8.07's, you want IQ, go for 4.10's. Well, I guess I am hyped up for 4.11's now, since 4.10 was such a letdown. Remember this is all from MY experience and MY opionions.

Did you check with anything else than just 3Dmark 05? I doubt the 8.07s are "FM Approved" :p

I got another 3000 aquamark3 by going from 4.9 to 8.07 omegas.
These also have AI without the need for CCC.
What is the advantage of AI and what should it be set at ( it,s on NORMAL at the moment)

P 2.4
9800 pro
512 ddr 2100

as far as I remember, catalyst AI changes the filtering from full triliener to either bilinear or brilinear when it thinks you won't notice the difference.

X|Rolando said:
Did you check with anything else than just 3Dmark 05? I doubt the 8.07s are "FM Approved" :p

:thumbs: Yes I did, actually... and yes I did notice some performance decreases in some cases. FM approved or not it's for sure the 8.07 are better than 4.10's in terms of performance, well on a lot of accounts I have heard and witnessed.

Back