Cause And Effect (inspired by 28 Days Later)

Stigmata

The Freeman
Reaction score
I'm sure you've all read the four or five threads we've made for our mod that nobody replied to, but we really do need some more members on our staff. We are currently looking for:
]] Coders
]] 2D Artists
]] Music and SFX artists

Our mod is inspired (NOT tightly based-on) by the movie 28 Days Later, but it has many differences from the movie including plot, virus, explanations of things, and so on and so on. With this mod, we are aiming for an experience that will entertain and scare you (as well as causing you to lose control of your bowels :)), and a game that will take you all over England (with the possibility of more countries being destroyed).
We have a website but apparently you get a Java virus by checking it out, so I'll refrain from posting the URL for now.

Originally posted by stigmata
but apparently you get a Java virus by checking it out, so I'll refrain from posting the URL for now.

How ironic.
Anyways, this is just a suggestion, but maybe you should check out a thread I think about 2 spaces down, or even they should check out this thread.
I think it would be better for two mods that are eerily similar should join together rather than stay separate and compete for resources.

Yes actually i had the 28 days later idea wayy back (2 days after the movie was shown in theaters) and i have a post of it still i believe... titled "Idea-", and the new thread is called "Back to the World - 28 Days Later Mod"

:(

I guess i thought of it first bud :( sorry

However, i would be thrilled if you would like to join us.. we currently have a mapper (me) a coder and a modeller...

I don't think you can really say who "thought of it first." That isn't determined by who posts the idea first. Hell, I thought of the idea when I saw the "non-legitimate ( :) )" version on my friend's computer, that was like a week before it came out in theatres. We've been doing some weapon modelling and plot-writing since then, so it's been a few months.

I think it would be great if we joined together as a single team instead of two different mod teams, but CaE isn't a 28 Days Later mod, its more of a zombie mod based on 28 Days Later. The plot is different (though it still takes place in London w/ some guy who's been in a coma and there's zombies everywhere), and there are a lot more civilians. If we did join together we would have to make compromises that we might not want to make on our mod ideas, but if you, I or both of us are willing to make those compromises, then we could make it work.

Well, since my mod takes placee in america theres a bit of a difference (my mod isnt the story of 28 days later, its my own story) right there (architecturally) and i have a few maps done and some script written, also have one of the models done BTW what do you specialize in? (modelling mapping etc)

I don't exactly "specialize" in anything due to the fact im not that great at any sort of game development thing. But im OK at mapping, and I'm using CaE as a vehicle to refine my mapping skill and hopefully help me to someday land a job in the game biz. I'm also trying to learn C++ as well, because programming is really interesting to me.
I really want to do CaE based in America or Canada as opposed to Europe, since I hate mapping european architexture :), so if we combined our mods we could probably set it in NYC or LA or something.

ALSO: And my story isn't 28 Days Later. It's a different storyline based on, and inspired by, the movie. I think CaE's story is a lot cooler than 28DL's, but that's probably just my pride-clouded view of it :D.

Since i'm the webmaster for CaE maybe i should post the site :D
It's not OUR site that gives you a virus, it's cjn.net that we go throw.
Our REAL site is www.home.no/cae and contains NO viruses!
I've scanned it several time with the latest updates so if you experience a virus either it's from somewhere else or the host!!

Pls visit our channel #Causeandeffect @ Quakenet.

More info, see sign. or site !

Well my mod is to take place in america,im sure those cities could work, however the first part of it takes place in Vietnam, where you're a door machine gunner and then are sent "Back to the World" after being wounded, and you're there when it all starts

But i would like to see our teams form as we have so many similarities and a few differences that could ultimately make a greater mod if we have both sets of ideas combined

At least i look forward to a potentional "assemblance" :D

monte, I'm beginning to be quite interested in a collaboration... If you want to, email me the details of your mod (link is in my sig), and we'll see what we can do to merge, if it seems like a good thing to do.

OK, monte. I've been thinking about it, and I've decided that I don't want to merge with your team if it means giving up the story, setting or any other important element we've created. The team and I like our stuff just the way it is, and we don't want to change our story or anything. However, if you want to join our team, that would be great since we're looking for more members. If you don't want to join our team, that's OK too. I just want what's best for our mod, and if that means losing some potential team members, then so be it.

Stigmata: Remember that you're the CO-leader and it was not your decision.
I've spoken to Beat-Fl33t and he said he didn't want to so it was his decision, just so you don't mislead ppl.

Originally posted by monte
Yes actually i had the 28 days later idea wayy back (2 days after the movie was shown in theaters) and i have a post of it still i believe... titled "Idea-", and the new thread is called "Back to the World - 28 Days Later Mod"

:(

I guess i thought of it first bud :( sorry

However, i would be thrilled if you would like to join us.. we currently have a mapper (me) a coder and a modeller...

You know...i thought about a real 3d engine before Quake1 and therefore are all 3dgames and q1 ripoffs of my idea... i should kill them all. but hey... im a nice person so i let them go.

Originally posted by Majestic XII
You know...i thought about a real 3d engine before Quake1 and therefore are all 3dgames and q1 ripoffs of my idea... i should kill them all. but hey... im a nice person so i let them go.
Quake 1 wasn't the first 3d-game, just so you know..

Yes and Yes !! :D

Agent4053: Pls contact me, see sign..

Bass: Looking for both, ESPECIALLY concept artist!
Pls contact me..

Back