CD Key problem

X

xorv

Ok...I've had HL2 for about 2 years now. A year ago I had it installed on my computer, but uninstalled it all to make room for some new games. Now I reinstalled everything to play the single player again. Now When I log onto steam on my new account (I use to have an old one) it asks me to active hl2 to play single player. So, I type in my cd key. The same one I've had for 2 years. Click "next" and get an invalid key page! What the ****?! Is my old account still using this key? or did my key expire? what the hell is going on??? I've checked and I have no typed anything wrong.

I think that's the jist of it, just use the old account.

It's tied to the old account, just like the guys have said. Why would you think it wouldn't be??? Shouldn't be too hard to understand...

then theres another thing....

I try to reactivate my account, but I never recieve the email. I remember my account name, password, and email.

Right, well- the ONLY thing we can help you with on this, is telling you to get in touch with Steam. We can't activate accounts. We are just gamers, like you. It's an account problem, and Steam is the only place that can sort that out.

Back