chaintech motherboard

Theory

Reaction score
CHAINTECH VNF4/Ultra Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

this is my motherboard and i dont quite understand the drivers thing, i read somewhere that i should go online to there site and get the latest drivers rather than using the ones on the disk? does anyone know anything. :eek: :eek:

1 gig of ram
and the 2.0 ghz 3200 processor

Install the dirvers on the disc FIRST, and then you can update to the newer ones. Without any drivers at all, you won't be able to access the internet if you're using the MB's net port.

I wish you luck with the chaintech, I built a PC with a VNF4 regular and it was okay for a week. It's been shutting down randomly lately.

Yeah after you install the drivers from CD, just go to Nvidia's site and get their nForce system drivers to update it all.

Vigilante said:
I wish you luck with the chaintech, I built a PC with a VNF4 regular and it was okay for a week. It's been shutting down randomly lately.

i looked at the reviews and there were only a couple bad ones. most ppl said they loved it for the price

Well I hope you didn't pick it based off those buyer reviews...

Chaintech's are fine. I've had one in my old system for a year now and no problems.

I had a socket A chaintech mobo and it was a great mobo. Never had any problems with it. The only thing that I would say is that you have to watch out with the manual since the translation isn' the best. "Place carefully a CPU in a CPU socket.." or something like that :p

Back