Changing Teams

R

Ratboy Stoo

How do you change teams in the HL2(Team)DM?
I've seen the message that says "please wait x seconds before trying to chage teams" but short of entering and leaving a server repeatedly until I switch sides I don't know how to do it?
Thanks

try this:

bind "X" "cl_playermodel models/humans/Group03/Male_01.mdl"
bind "Y" "cl_playermodel models/combine_super_soldier.mdl"

replace X and Y with the keys you prefer. You can change the model being used by changing either male_01.mdl or combine_super_soldier.mdl to something else. Just choose whatever skin you'd like in the options menu, then leave HL2DM and open your config.cfg. Look for cl_playermodel and copy the string into above binds.

It's 7am and I still haven't got to sleep yet so I could be wrong but wouldn't it be easier to do it all on one key?

alias team1 "cl_playermodel models/humans/Group03/Male_01.mdl; bind m team2"
alias team2 "cl_playermodel models/combine_super_soldier.mdl; bind alias team1"
bind "m" "team1"

I think that should work although if for some reason it didn't I wouldn't be surprised just because that was straight off the top of my (very tired) head.

It should make it so pushing m changes your team although if you are already a rebel you might have to push it twice. I chose m just randomly (I first chose 'I' but there's no I in team so I changed it :))

The whole thing is unneccesary though as you shouldn't be changing teams enough to have to bind it in the first place :D. Anyway, hope this helped.

You'd think they'd make this easier....like ever other team game in existance... :angel:

Well it is...

Press escape, "x" out any window that comes up, and go to options. Pick a uniform respective to the team you want, and "apply". You will automatically die, and when you respawn, you will be on your desired team.

Back