cheats?

kacation_man

Reaction score
I just got done playing though half life 2 and i would now like to go though and play it again with some cheats enabled... I've looked some up and they seem like they'd make the game alot of fun for a while and i wanna give them a shot... how ever every time I hit the "~" key while in game play it just does nothing... why is this? do i have to wait till a certain level or what cuz its just not working...

Send $300 to my Paypal account, and then go to options, click on advanced, and check the box labeled "Enable developer console". This will enable the console, but the FIRST STEP IS MOST IMPORTANT OR IT WON'T WORK!

You have to enable the console before you start the game - it's in the options somewhere when you first get to set up your keyboard controls and whatnot. I believe you can add the '-console' switch to the shortcut string and that should work too. Note: once you get to the console, you have to enter sv_cheats 1 to enable cheats, otherwise they don't do anything.

I occasionally enjoy binding impulse 101 to a quick key, and running through the game as fast as I can blasting everything willy-nilly.

Back