check this out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anobium

I was looking on amazon and typed in half life 2, and came up with this.
half life 2 strategy guide

How on earth they can sell a strategy guide for this game when its not out yet buggers belief, worst still is the guy reviewing the book and saying how much it helped him when playing the game.

Prima has been working with Valve while the game was being made(I think).

what about the guy saying it helped him through the game? :hmph:

The most likely explanation is that it's simply advertizement, to get people to buy the book, written by some Amazon employee, I mean there's nothing specific in it.

Another is that HL2 is almost done so there must be some lucky people out there that already got it (family members of employees, desperate friends of employees, and those sort).

It being written is no big deal, I remeber that the Zelda 64 Guide was out two weeks before the actual game came out.

He's lying. The strategy guide won't be out before the game.

thats kinda funny, i always have wondered about that though because I have seen guides and stuff come out before games and I am just like, what is up with that

-merc

Not to mention places like chips+bits have been 'selling' Half-life 2 for about a year.

and as for the appraisal quotation..... Maybe he was testing out the guide with Valve's permission?

WTFH? A strategy guide...several months before the release of the game...are these guys overzealous or what?

merc said:
thats kinda funny, i always have wondered about that though because I have seen guides and stuff come out before games and I am just like, what is up with that

-merc

For the warez fools :p

I think this thread has served its purpose now.

The strategy guide won't be available until the release of the game but it is currently available for pre-orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back