Christmas in march/april?

Blair

Reaction score
Anyone else notice this growing trend of releasing games during 3/04 and 4/04?

Whatever happened to those big christmas games we all used to get? There's hardly ANY good games coming out in dec., and a few already came out last month or in oct.

Just look at the list of games for march/april:

Halflife 2 (Presumably)
Doom III
Far Cry
Halo 2 (Xbox, rumor is they're releasing all platforms at once. Who knows)
The Sims 2
Theif III (Maybe)
Joint Operations
Soldner
Everquest II (Hey, maybe somebody like's that stuff)
Battlefield Vietnam
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

Seems rather odd how all the dev teams keep to their strict code of "When it's done", but yet how they all seem to be projecting for this small window of time.

Looks more like TV sweeps week rather then release dates. This is just a royal rumble of "My game outsold yours, I am the winnar". Pitiful.

yep...... the gamers holiday season will be early 04 i presume

Originally posted by The Terminator
what exactly is sweeps week??

When all the big TV networks put on really great movies, or something extra special at the same time on same day in order to attract viewers. I think it just passed actually. :cool:

Good, my bday is in April. The day taxes are due. teehee

i think the end of the 4th quarter of 2003 is in march 2004.

I've noticed this too, it's a disturbing trend really (for me) since I could normally buy some of these games, and ask for a few for Christmas. I can't afford to buy the all of the ones I really want at fifty dollars a game with a minimum wage job (pay going mostly towards other things I have no control over). It sucks since this Christmas season looked so excellent in September and is bone dry today.

Back