classic 80's/90's

Korgoth

Reaction score
I need some classic 80's 90's music recommendations, I know the songs but can't think of the names...

I want the stuff I remember hearing as a kid, the popular stuff, the good stuff :)

any help?

For me classic 80's/90's stuff is Metallica, Guns n Roses, Iron Maiden, Chillies etc sry but song titles would take too long to include

nah not necessarily rock, per se' but more popular music of the 80-early 90 period

(ex. 99 red balloons)

(i thinks thats the name of the song lol, stuff like that.)

Ah, if your talking the more popular chart music stuff i have no ideas for you, sorry mate

a-ha - take on me
Spandau ballet - gold
Michael jackson - Thriller
Berlin - take my breath away
Gary Numan - Here in my car
(some 80's cheesey classics that instantly remind me of 80's)
There are loads of others hehe.

short recoil said:
a-ha - take on me
Spandau ballet - gold
Michael jackson - Thriller
Berlin - take my breath away
Gary Numan - Here in my car
(some 80's cheesey classics that instantly remind me of 80's)
There are loads of others hehe.

Exactly the sort! Thanks my friend, you guys keep em' coming :)

and to blindtelepath, yeah there are a few good ones on vice city, but i've played the games so much i'm burnt out on those tunes... :thumbs:

Innervision961 said:
I need some classic 80's 90's music recommendations, I know the songs but can't think of the names...

I want the stuff I remember hearing as a kid, the popular stuff, the good stuff :)

any help?

hmmm, rock? punk? ska? new wave? pop? hair metal? manchester sound? progressive rock?

hmmm the popular stuff? here's a list of top 100 songs from every year in the 80's

some of my personal faves from the 80's: the Jam, The Specials, the selector, Iron Maiden, Big Country, the Mondays, The Clash, the Pixies, Jesus and Mary Chain, New Order, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Smiths, Squeeze, REM, The Stranglers, Ultravox, The Cure, Souxsie & the Banshees, the Sundays, Fishbone, U2, Judas Priest, Van Halen, Tears For Fears, Madness, Talking Heads, Dead Kennedys, Asia, Peter Gabriel, the police, Public Enemy, Joy Division ...tons more

you guys are great :)

(I just got the ninja turtles cartoon theme song w00t!)

CrazyHarij said:

gah!! their recent playlist included:

Daryl Hall and John Oats
Bananarama
James Ingram and Michael McDonald

80's schmaltz!

listen to the 80's channel on Itunes ...there's alt least 20-30 different stations all playing 80's music ...I personally like Flashback Alternatives ..lots of underground 80's no schmaltz (most of the time)

Kool and Gang - Summer Madness
Kool and Gang - So Fresh
Oliver Cheatham - Get Down Saturday Night
Flock of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away)
Paul Simons - You Can Call Me Al
Luther Vandross - Never Too Much
Indeep - Last night a DJ saved my life
Hall and Oates - Out of touch

And theres one good Lionel Richie (I'm not a big fan) track, I think it was called Night Shift. These are just classic tracks. :E:E

Innervision961 said:
you guys are great :)

(I just got the ninja turtles cartoon theme song w00t!)

Lol, I have to get that. So many fond memories.

Dunno. I don't listen to much 80's. 80's, first bands that come to mind are aerosmith, Rush, AC/DC, Boston, and Duran Duran.

But for other era's, Cream rules. Hands down, my fav band. The Who also. The Who rules!!!

Back