"Click here to kill spyware now" message

DEATH eVADER

Space Core
Reaction score
Okay, calming down, calming down (Deep intake of breath)

Right! does anybody now how to get rid of this anoying message.
I am unable to access my email address because it takes me somewhere else (I think it about:blank) and my computer comes up with two messages (both of which I believe, from looking at them, are not legal).
1) Network Administrator, Important notice
2) Spyware detected on your PC (with a crcodile ripping eyes out of a cartoon person)

Another thing, updates from Norton are failing to download.

It is cause of much frustration to my dad (and myself), do you have suggestion (Besides making some Headcrab Zombie Claws, ripping out the intestines from the people who Hack and make viruses, trojans, etc, and using them for pipe organs)

I have spybot, but that only worked for about a week

Well you know, there's one way to get a hundred percent rid of spyware... formatting that's right! :^D

From google searching it seems like a very nasty malware/trojan modified from the CWS spyware thing.

Download CWS shredder from http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
(edit: close all browsers when running this)

I found my info from this Google Search

Make sure you run Spybot search and destroy too (google it)
And you can also post a HijackThis log (from same place as CWS shredder)

Download Adaware or Spybot and they will search your computer and get rid of the spyware. Should fix it up for you.

Run a virus check on Nortons site.. ud be amazed some of the things that get missed by the free stuff like AVG and Spybot.

I suggest the following........

1) Do a Virus scan

2) Get ad-aware and spybot S & D

3) run adwarare then spybot

I run both because spybot picks up what Ad-aware misses and vice versa

Edit - There is also a program called Hijackthis , but I don't reccomend useing it unless you know exactly what you are telling it to delete.

First, use Mozilla Firefox, there, you've eliminated the entry for 99% of spyware into your computer. In fact, I haven't gotten spyware or adware in such a long time it's insane.

Now, to get rid of that sh!t, download HijackThis. Direct link: http://www.snapfiles.com/dlnow/dlnow.dll?Inc=No&ID=106738

Save it to disk, run it, check anything that doesn't look right and hit "Fix this". That will fix your browser redirection.

switch said:
That doesnt stop spyware from getting on your pc from programs tho... such as Kazza.

That's why smart people get KaZaA Lite Ressurection.

There are always ways to totally and utterly prevent spyware.

CWS is the correct way to get rid of that trojan. The most likely cause of you (or your Dad) getting the trojan is not doing Windows Updates. Get rid of the Trojan (make sure you run the program on all user accounts), and then get all of your updates. Running a firewall couldn't hurt either.

SubKamran said:
That's why smart people get KaZaA Lite Ressurection.

There are always ways to totally and utterly prevent spyware.

No, smart people use a bit torrent client. Any form of kazaa has the potential for placing you on the receiving end of some nasty viruses or spyware.

any form of kazaa still gives you access to the same crappy set of files, which are mostly overridden with fakes containing viruses, spyware and all sorts of nasties. I personally use eMule. It takes a little longer sometimes, but things are generally much more safe (if you aren't a moron... don't go downloading .exe files ANYWHERE), and I think there's a bigger selection.

Back