C'mon, Get Your Brains Working..

Dog--

The Freeman
Reaction score
I need some music because my collection is crappy, almost no songs (like 200 MB....)..

I like System of a Down and hard-ish rock like that, I don't really want slow-ish stuff, but if it's omgwtf amazingly good, then lay it on me..

System of A down?

Damn...Anyway the best thing to do is not take recommendations from people that post here. Why? Because ultimately their music taste will be completely different to yours.

The best way to find new music is to browse sites like Last.fm (their radio feature, listen to one of the hard-rock/metal stations) or Amazon.com and make extensive use of the free samples and recommendations that they have. etc...

System of A down?

Damn...Anyway the best thing to do is not take recommendations from people that post here. Why? Because ultimately their music taste will be completely different to yours.

The best way to find new music is to browse sites like Last.fm (their radio feature, listen to one of the hard-rock/metal stations) or Amazon.com and make extensive use of the free samples and recommendations that they have. etc...
I have dial-up, therefore those sites are basicly pointless for me, because I can sample songs that I download, I just need to download like 5% of the song to hear the start of it, if I don't like it, I delete it, it's easier to take recommendations because of my sampling way.

Mastadon. Just heard them a couple days ago and not normally into heavier stuff but this is really good.

Based somewhat on your musical taste:

Soil - Unreal
Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
Silverchair - Anthem For The Year 2000
Tool - Sober
Rammstein - Sonne
Days of the New - Touch Peel and Stand
Pantera - Walk

If you limit your taste to "hard fast stuffz" then you truly suck donkey balls.

Listen to Manowar if you want some true Metal. ;)

Like a couple of recommendations (well, searano's) in this thread - perhaps it's time to make the jump to Death Metal. Nu-metal is so stale, and while there's a lot of the same in the 'true' metal world, there's also a phenomenal amount of talent as well.

I've always found a great stepping stone is Nu-metal -> Melodic DM. The reliance of melody and catchy riffs takes the edge off the harshness of 'regular' DM bands. Try listening to:

Hypocrisy - probably the best starting point, as up until their most recent album Virus, they were accused of sounding slightly nu-metal.
Dark Tranquillity
Soilwork - first three albums are Melodic DM, latest three are Metalcore.
Arsis
At The Gates
Arch Enemy

Back