Cna yuo raed tihs?

MRG

Reaction score
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it

Be honest. Could you read it at first glance?

-MRG

ODL.

When I first saw it though, yes it was very easy to read. Pretty cool.

Yes, and I've seen something similar to this, but a different paragraph.

I mnaeagd to raed it at frsit gnalce, yay!

GOD I KNEW WHAT THIS ENTIRE THREAD WAS ABOUT BEFORE I EVEN READ THE CONTENTS.

Oldhat.

same

I thought anyone who can read normally could read this. Only 55/100?

Old.

Yes I can, vrey esialy.

Aslo yuor tlite is wnrog, your not spuosped to do if for trhee lteetr wrods bueacse the frist and lsat letetrs hvae to be in the rihgt pcale.

Very old, and yes i can read it. Not sure if the 55/100 thing is true.

I can honestly say now, that I'm smarter than 45 % of the population. How nice.

lol at the 55/100 thing. Let me guess, that was part of the chain letter this was in? It just tries to make you excited so that you'll forward it to more people to show off how smart you are or something. Anyone who can read moderately well can do this.

Also to join the bandwagon OOOLLLDDDD

This is faggy beyond all belief. I get this email maybe....2 or 3 times a month. I still don't give a shit.

Did you copy and paste this from failbook? I bet you did ;)

It's been five years... and still no one has bothered to correct the misspellings. And by "misspellings" I don't mean "the letters are switched around LOL." I mean that they used "rscheearch" for "research," putting twice as many c's and h's than the actual word has. There's one or two other words like that in there as well. Maybe it just further proves their point, or maybe the person who wrote it was just really careless... in any case, it has always irritated me.

Also, this doesn't exactly work quite like they say it does. The ability to read that paragraph has a lot to do with the ability to predict the words by context. Do this with random words out of context and it becomes a lot harder. Ever play that "Text Twist" game? If this actually worked, it would be a simple matter of getting the first and last letter positioned correctly (only a maximum of 30 combinations for a six-letter word) and then the unscrambled word should be obvious, which would make the game fairly easy. But no, it's not actually that easy with the word out of context.

I also have a feeling (but no actual proof) that the arrangement of the letters within the word also affects the readability. For example, look at ""rscheearch" again. The arrangement of the letters, although scrambled, is still very close to "research." If "Cmabrigde" were spelled "Cdrgbmaie" and taken out of context, would it really be so easy to read? Or for a word that's not a proper noun: "iaonrmtpt" instead of "iproamtnt."

Yeah, I've thought about this too much.

It's been five years... and still no one has bothered to correct the misspellings. And by "misspellings" I don't mean "the letters are switched around LOL." I mean that they used "rscheearch" for "research," putting twice as many c's and h's than the actual word has. There's one or two other words like that in there as well. Maybe it just further proves their point, or maybe the person who wrote it was just really careless... in any case, it has always irritated me.

Also, this doesn't exactly work quite like they say it does. The ability to read that paragraph has a lot to do with the ability to predict the words by context. Do this with random words out of context and it becomes a lot harder. Ever play that "Text Twist" game? If this actually worked, it would be a simple matter of getting the first and last letter positioned correctly (only a maximum of 30 combinations for a six-letter word) and then the unscrambled word should be obvious, which would make the game fairly easy. But no, it's not actually that easy with the word out of context.

I also have a feeling (but no actual proof) that the arrangement of the letters within the word also affects the readability. For example, look at ""rscheearch" again. The arrangement of the letters, although scrambled, is still very close to "research." If "Cmabrigde" were spelled "Cdrgbmaie" and taken out of context, would it really be so easy to read? Or for a word that's not a proper noun: "iaonrmtpt" instead of "iproamtnt."

Yeah, I've thought about this too much.

lolchar.

Think you right thou.

I can read it, but no one else in my family can.

Incredibly easy for me to read.

If only stupid people who don't know how to spell properly could just get the first and last letter right.

EDIT: Actually every letter in those words are right, aren't they? It's just jumbled in the middle.

It took some effort, but I understood every word. It wasn't as easy as if it had been normal text, though.

I remember reading this for the first time 10 years ago (not on the internet)

Indeedly Ancients

Also - I read it all without stopping, I'm a human machine, tbh.

I absolutely agree, and damn you for beating me to the punch on both points.

The secret lies to a large extent with intelligibility itself - the intelligibility of all and any words always relies on context, as words are mainly defined in terms of their differential or similar relationship to other words and concepts. The mechanism that allows us to understand the sentence is the same one that allows us to understand any sentence, and is already in operation.

ANd yeah, whenever you see these things, the wrods anr't atclluy taht smcralbed up.

My company was a victim of this kind of thing recently. Luckily it didn't cost us TOO much.

businessCards.jpg

Find the mistake

My company was a victim of this kind of thing recently. Luckily it didn't cost us TOO much.

*snippers*

Find the mistake

Easy. One has correct and the other has incorrect.

Vrey esay to raed at fsrit gnlace

Of course I can! I'm awesome, that's why!

Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

Be honest. Could you read it at first glance?

-MRG

I thought it was something like 75 out of 100, as long as the first and last letter was present and correct, and length can be determined the brain can interpret how the word needs to be formed.

Also helps if you can read and understand English too :thumbs:

I could read most words intuitively, but there was one word that looked like 'pharoah-meal'

Back