Cold War: Melting Point News and Renders

SidewinderX

Reaction score
Well, time for the first news post in this forums :D

Over at CW:MP We have a new team member, Shane 'Darg' Christopher. He is a 2D and 3D artist, as well as a mapper.

We've also had a new-ish interview, bring our total number or interviews to 3.
Half-Life 2 News
Half Life Mods
HL2Files

Those links are in oder of time of interview.

Speaking of interviews, in our Features and Suggestions section of our forum, we have a few community interviews that are worth reading. All you need to do is register with a forum account! (quick and easy :) )

Here are those render's I was talking about.....
LAV-25 by RMachucaA
Lav-25_wip8.jpg

http://rmachucaa.**********/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Lav-25_wip7.jpg

Shipka SMG by Hiro
shipka%202.jpg

BDRM-2 by RMachucaA
http://rmachucaa.**********/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/brdm_wip7.jpg

cool...always liked operation flashpoint, but the engine/interface wasn't the best for that game. cool to see a mod in this area of history...especially since you can cook up any scenario you want considering there was never a real war :D

Yeah... also, if you haven't read the "about" page or any of the interviews, the main feature will be the fully dynamic multiplayer campaigns. Depending on how the battel goes, a diffrent map will come up, depending on the resualts. Read some of the interviews for more info :D

looks good, tho RMachucaA have been posting his tank on every single CG site :)

Keep it up...guess there afterall is something about the hype... I hope you'll pull it through..gogo! :)

that's his right, and i'm fine with it. He's lookign fora job, so whatever he needs to do.

think you misunderstood me... wasnt a critisism... just observed it, and ment to say that i had seen it before, but it didnt make it less nice.

3 models and its gonna be successful? dont count your mods before they prosper...

Eh I'm looking for the more modern stuff... there should be an Israeli-Arab campaign.

hmmmm guys..... not to sound rude.....

This is a news post. It has the latest news of our mod. This isn't an end-all be all thread about the mods.

Aside from these 3 renders, we have 92 other renders in our media gallery on the site, as well as 10 or so more on our forums that we have yet to post on the site.

If you looked that the "about" page or read any of the linked interviews, you would have seen that it is a modern and uses modern weaponry and tactics. You would have also noticed that the 2 initial campgains that will be released are the Eastern Europe campagin, and the Middle East campagin. And they will be fully dynamic.

And on that note, I'm the opposite and prefer older stuff, ala Civil and World Wars.

You can't please everyone! :)

Hexen.... If you are... give me a few years... i have this amazing game design i'm working on for an actualy game release. ;)

I'm quite bored of real world war based mods, but I really like the setting of this mod,

Sidewinder, I can see this mod going far mate, good luck :)

CW:MP website looks nice. But the site is a bit slow and many pages won't load. Could not view the about and gallery page.

Good luck with your mod. It looks great so far from what I have seen on the models&skin forum.

EDIT:
website running fine now it seems

Wesisapie, do you honestly think this is all the media CW:MP have? I hope you feel stupid for making that comment. :)

Those are some sweet vehicle models. Keep up the good work

btw wesisapie I recognize your name from another forum... maybe Red Orchestra's

The renders are beautiful. This is a mod to watch out for. I'm particularly watching how your dynamic campaigns will turn out. We planned one for HF, albeit it was less complex.

yeah, after discussing more stuff with the team, it seems that "dynamic" is becoming a key word in almost every aspect :)

jsut a miny news flash, added a weapons lsit to the site... feel free to debate it....

woah hadn't seen these new models yet. Damn their gonna look good if you've got a group of them traveling over the terrain and all the explosions and stuff going on at the same time, mmmmm.

Back