Collectors edition ???

S

sjcox

Ok, i have heard about the collectors edition, i have even seen the box for it but i still can't find any uk site that will let me pre-order it let alone know about it. does anyone know of a site that will let u pre-order. i have tryed all of the obvious one. (gameplay, amazon, play, special reserve) if anyone does know please letme know. thanks

let me see the box post a link..

i dont know and uk sites.

welcome to the fourms

The Box

Here's the box.

Attachments

• hl2-collector.jpg
    hl2-collector.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 427
hmm i dont think that thats real.. i heard someone used photo shop for that.. i may be wrong

That was one of the proposed boxes for the CE. The picture was taken on a trip to Valve. It's only had the background cut away. That's the extent of the photoshopping done to it.

It's not known (I don't think) which box has been picked or if a box has been picked at all. Seems likely that it has though. They've chosen the cover art for the normal boxes after all.

i have just been talking to a guy on the online help for gameplay and he said there is only a standard version for the uk which includes single and multiplayer. iam still talking to him now so i will let you know if anything changes

It's one of the versions Valve have considered for the CE (I presume). Doesn't mean that it's the final version (even if it looks excellent & best so far of their versions we've seen).

just finished talking to the guy. he said that if the other versions are reliesed and you had pre-ordered it they would probably send an e-mail out asking which version you wanted.

Here is the transcript of the conversation with the guy from gameplay

--------------------------------------------------

Adam: Hi, welcome to Gameplay, how can I help ?

sjcox: i have pre-ordered half-life 2 but i have heard there is going to be 3 different one's, a single player, a multiplayer and collectors edition. just wondering what gameplay is doing about them

Adam: One moment please, I will just have a look for you.

sjcox: ok, thanks

sjcox: i know they all exist because i have seen the interviews with the developer and there are some usa sites that let you order the collectors

Adam: at present we just have a standard version of half-life 2 which has single player and multiplayer capabilities, in the UK there are no further details from the publishers at present of a collectors edition.

sjcox: ok, thank you. if the other versions were to be released do you know how i would go about changeing to the collectors, would i have to cancell my current order and re-order the new one or wouldi just beable to select which one i wanted

Adam: as so many people have ordered half life 2 we would probably send out and email or a letter to let you know that it has changed then all you have to do is give us a ring or come on here and we can change the order for you.

sjcox: ok. thank you for your help.

I seriously doubt they'd only sell the CE in the US. But you could always e-mail Gabe.

i still like this one...

Attachments

• hl2coverandcds.jpg
    hl2coverandcds.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 250
WTFFF i went to ebgames right now and pre orderd the CE and they are like yeah i dont think they make a colecters edition and i was like wtf yeah they do and hes like well i dont think we carry it but if we do when its releced ill change it. what a n00b

Just sent valve an e-mail now asking about the versions being released over here. will let you know what they say.

JimmehH said:
That was one of the proposed boxes for the CE. The picture was taken on a trip to Valve. It's only had the background cut away. That's the extent of the photoshopping done to it.
That was photoshopped in that pic..

wbcheater said:
i still like this one...
That's a fake too, or that's what I heard. :|

does anyone have the e-mail address for gabe so he can be asked about th CE in the UK

Hope you get a reply. I e-mailed him a few days ago and no reply yet. I think one site was saying it would import from the US, but can't remember the address.

so do I. I e-mailed valve aswell before i got gabe's address so hopefully i will get a reply from one of them

at this point if people are emailing valve
quit asking them all this small bull shhit
just send them an email demanding to release the bloody game..
this is getting riduculas..

...Do any of us really care. We don't have any version and we also don't have control over what the CE contains. It's not like they are asking us what we want.

Why doesn't this stuff bother you people? How long have most of you been waiting. I bet half of you just heard of HL2 in april.

For people who know as much about HL2 as possible this CE crap is a big whoop-dee-do0 considering we DON't HAVE A GAME YET.

Considering the thread has posts in it...it seems that people do care.

Wonkers, it's cool to have opinions and all. But you can express your opinions without slamming others' opinions. I've noticed this in several threads or else I wouldn't say anything.

I'm eager to hear exactly what will be in the Collectors' Edition. I have a feeling that will be the one that most people on this board go for.

When my teacher got back from his trip to Valve when school was still going he told me that the collectors edition box they had there was a thick metal case, so it is quite possible that this box could be it.

To bad I wasn't able to go on the trip, he only took students from his other class there, not the one I was in. :(

wonkers said:
I dissagree...your opions do suck though.
You should copy and paste that - it's pretty much what all your posts boil down to.

just thought i would move this back to the top incase anyone had any info on this topic.

still no reply, i have heard though that gabe said he's hoping that the collectors edition will be released all over the world. but i know hoping doesn't always make it happen.

Back