combine vs resistance mod, the one that is in the works !

S

sam_justice

new site www.city13**** mot completely finished though some more coding on the site still needs doingm and new info on the system we're creating plus some more art, we need modelers and coders !!

s4r20.jpg

y8i1.jpg

e1n15.jpg

y5k172.jpg

“News of the destruction of the citadel in City17 has sent shockwaves through the world, now City13 has had enough of the oppression, choose your side, will you fight for freedom, or control. City13 is the centre of the network, the Combine needs this, and your choice is your chance.”

Fight in huge scaled battles in the struggle to grasp City13, as it is the centre piece with huge lands and huge risks.

“Two great strengths stand face to face but only one side can see the behind the opposing force.”

Here's what will set our mod apart

System Revisions

-Classes

Taken From Thread

each person has a class, eg Heavy Weapons Expert - Lower speed , higher health, powerful gun

So, for our mod, it would be like this

Each Type will need an image too show their character and maybe a weapon image

Combine

Ranking Highest To Lowest

White Combine - Slower Speed, High Health, Main Weapon - Combine Bolter/Rocket Launcher
Nova Prospekt ones (need re skinning cos they have a big nove prospekt sign on their back, i'll change it too City13) - Medium Health, Medium Speed - Grenades, shotgun, magnum so on
Combine with black masks - Fast, medium health, inaccurate combine machine gun, grenades
Combine with white masks (civil Protection) - Fast, low health, Inaccurate combine machine gun, Grenades, pistol

Each class will need a image of the player to display like in CS where you choose your character model so on.

Weapon Cache/Locker -

- Not really a system but more a model, just looks good, in each base and parts around the map, like UT2004

Game Types

- Team Deathmatch
- Team Objectives
- Kill The Komisar
- Vehicle DeathMatch (destroy all enemies vehicles instead of players)
- Huge Battlefield ones, Destroy team base or objective based (CTF so on), but maps are huge, and include all types of vehicles including striders :D
- We will not include deathmatch as it would wipe the story/concept for this mod

Grav Gun

Back Story - We have received a file from Dr.Kliener, he says it is blueprints to the
final weapon that will help us win this battle, we will run out of supplies
eventually, this he says, will utilise every object we see into a weapon, a prototype
is being created'

The prototype will be the in game weapon, maybe re skinned ? due to the fact the resistance would of had too
make it out of their own materials they could find (apart from the orange core)

Snipers -

- I am trying to find a modeller to design a combine sniper rifle
- Their will only be allowed one sniper per team, he will have heavy armor on.

Mp3 -

- The game will have a built in MP3 Playlist, the original game will come with preloaded MP3's that our music creators have kindly donated.

why would the sniper have heavy armor?

aside from that, i think everything so far is looking rather good. But then again my opinion doesn't really count for much anyway

looks like a tfc/dod style of game, which isn't bad, but they all tend to feel the same with the class system, but whatever floats :)

Snipers should have medium-low armor so that they are easy to kill once you move in. But strong enough to fight back.

That propoganda poster looks awesome. I look forward to kicking some rebel ass, too.

goddamn rebels, always stirring up trouble.

Its time to buy some shoeshine cause my jackboots are gonna get real dirty from all the rebel ass i'm gonna be stomping

Awesome. Sounds interesting and FUN!! Keep up the good work.
:cheers:

Finally, I will get to teach those rebels that they wish they never have messed with the combines!

I hope you can pilot Striders, and other Combines machines/vehicles.

I would want to be on a gunship...To be honest I had more fun fighting those than striders.

sounds cool :D
This was kinda what i had in mind when i thought of hl2mp.

What about rebel classes?

sam_justice said:
White Combine - Slower Speed, High Health, Main Weapon - Combine Bolter/Rocket Launcher
Nova Prospekt ones (need re skinning cos they have a big nove prospekt sign on their back, i'll change it too City13) - Medium Health, Medium Speed - Grenades, shotgun, magnum so on
Combine with black masks - Fast, medium health, inaccurate combine machine gun, grenades
Combine with white masks (civil Protection) - Fast, low health, Inaccurate combine machine gun, Grenades, pistol

I think Nova Prospect guards should be more like the Civil Protection SWAT instead of ranking higher then regular combine soldiers.

Back