Combine vs Xen

Reaction score
Who do you think will win the battle for ownership in HL2. The combine soldiers and all their partnerships, or Xen and their deadly aliens. Or maybe, as you know there are also the aliens that fight everyone like the crabs and antlion. Ummm i think the aliens will slowly kill of the Combine, and Gordon ends up in a world of total chaos againt the Xen creatures.

We don't even know that Combines are fighting alien, although it's very likely.

And I think you need to stop smoking crap.

Anyway I'm going to answer your question anyway.

The answer is the Combine.

The combine would wipe the floor with the Xen entities.

The problem with biological weapons or natural weapons is that they are limited to the use of them.

A combine trooper can use any humanoid weapon, he can use grenades, he can also drive vehicles.

These things alone lead me to believe that even basic combine soldiers would win let along any of the combine units that wre havnt seen.

We've seen them fighting the Antlions, and the Hydra doesn't seem to like them one bit...

Brian Damage said:
We've seen them fighting the Antlions, and the Hydra doesn't seem to like them one bit...

Those have yet to be classed as xen entities.

Well, the Antlions have the standard yellow Xen blood... and anyway, I was replying to Monkey's post, and never suggested that they were.

All Xen aliens seem to have yellow blood. The Antlions have yellow blood too. It seems to be a Half Life standard for Xenians. And if you'll read my edit, you'll see that I never suggested with my original post, which was directed at Monkey, that they were Xenian.

Brian Damage said:

True, but the Antlions can be manipulated easy, if not by Gordon, then by someone else. As for the Antlion Guard, it maybe just went angry then it saw that the combines were killing its "children". The Hydra I'm not sure about, but maybe it just wanted to have something to eat and followed its instincs, and didn't follow its "orders".

It's still fighting them. And the Combine are still fighting the Antlions, whether they're being manipulated or not. The prison vid seems to show that the Antlions are infesting the place, like termites, and that the Combine have barricaded the area against them.

the only xen creatures I've seen have been the headcrabs other than the free'd and aparently intelligent vortigants.

the xenians would totally win... they get their teleporting reinforcements everywhere.. omg their gonna telefrag us all... and there is the voltigore ne1 remember from opfor?

Well, we know that the Bullsquids, Barnacles and Icthyosaurs are making a comeback, at least...

The Combine would win, but, I'm thinking that the Combine is helping the Xeniens to conquer the Earth.
If however they would fight the Combine ough to win because of superior intelligence. What we've seen of the Xen creatures so far is nothing but unintelligent beasts.

but think, xen creatures are purely made to fight and hunt, combine are not, so the xen aliens would slowly take out the combine, not forgetting that maybe, they appear out of nowhere, like in the original.

I dont see how you can even talk about whjo would win, when you dont understand the story behind each.

Hi, First time posting here :E

Personally, i think the combine would pwn the xen. Sure, the xen are quite nasty in small scale battles, but if you take into account the fact that the combine have much more advanced weaponry, it's quite obvious the xen would not be ablt to stand a chance. Then again, it also depends on which planet we'd be fighting on.

BTW: Been reading the forums alot, Can't wait for HL2 :E

but if you take into account the fact that we have

We? Who are we?

Anyway, the soldiers and black ops in HL had modern tech, fighter planes, helicopters and tanks too, but they still had problems fighting Xen.

NeLi said:
We? Who are we?

Anyway, the soldiers and black ops in HL had modern tech, fighter planes, helicopters and tanks too, but they still had problems fighting Xen.

True, but they usually had to resort into sending troops inside Black Mesa, not fighting them on the surface. Besides, on the surface, the combine wiped the floor with them. That's why you mostly faught combine on the surface, they kept the xen from coming out. A couple of alien slaves, and grunts would get mowed down by machine gun fire from a helicopter.

Yeah, Combine would own them.

I mean hell, humanity (by the time the military arrived in moderate force) killed a LOT of Xenian creatures at Black Mesa. They have to have lost far more there than humans did, when you think about it; and those were mostly unarmed civvies, too.

If the marines at Black Mesa where able to do that (They still took heavy casualties themselves, big time, but when you think about it they did kick ass, too) imagine what the Combine would do.

L337 the combine were not in half life 1, you are thinking of the military, they are not the combine

Yeah, until we play the game, we won't really know whether the Combine Soldiers even distantly have any relation to the Marines from HL1 (some previews seem to think they do, others stick to the "alien origin/control" theory)...

I reckon they're soemthing different, but there for the same reason (to provide a faceless human enemy)...

Why does everyone think they must be related to the marines? whats special about em, they were called in to do a job ffs

I dunno. Probably some people just pick out the connection between two human military forces who are surrounded by aliens, and run with it.

Are you sure? i'm pretty certain they're combine. Even before HL2 was being made people were calling them combine. If nobody knew of the combine yet, how would we think the marines in the first were combine?

L337_Assasain said:
Are you sure? i'm pretty certain they're combine. Even before HL2 was being made people were calling them combine. If nobody knew of the combine yet, how would we think the marines in the first were combine?
They weren't Combines. Trust me. They are United States marines. I promise.

They are jsut simple marines, plus gabe has said it over and over...the combine are aliens

NO CONNECTION, whatsover

Not angry too much lol....i just find it silly to think that. But hey no worries you know now :D

Back